The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Absolutely despise this video. No reason for you to go out and get 2 toms. What a game hog, taking birds from young kids. You sir are what I like to call a mup here .

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Absolutely despise this video. No reason for you to go out and get 2 toms. What a game hog, taking birds from young kids. You sir are what I like to call a mup here .
If it matters, I've taken a few new turkey hunters out over the last few years and called in their first bird. Now they love to turkey hunt.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If it matters, I've taken a few new turkey hunters out over the last few years and called in their first bird. Now they love to turkey hunt.
You need to check your self, taking the legal limit of game is not being a game hog. So Then it's only acceptable to you to take 1 rabbit, 1 squirrel, 1 pheasent and 1 of anything else that theres a season for? My second will be with my longbow. And yeah, I've taken many new Turkey hunters, kid and adults on their first hunts and will continue.
20210503_081254.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
not to mention its obvious its a baited area....so many posers on this site...guys ambushing field birds every year and telling the same story
about how they called them away from hens 400yds away year after year like nobody pays attention to their story from last year... pathetic

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
I bait turkey with popcorn 🍿, light to carry, and about 9 when it’s breakfast time I can roll out of the blind grab some and be good till noon. I a lot of times don’t need it, as most of my birds are shot off the roost.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not to mention its obvious its a baited area....so many posers on this site...guys ambushing field birds every year and telling the same story
about how they called them away from hens 400yds away year after year like nobody pays attention to their story from last year... pathetic
Not a baited area at all. These turkeys often roost right below me. They seem to naturally come thru this area to the large field that is about 150yds to my right. Many times, thet stay below me and make their way to the field. We've set up by the field and got them in the past. I've got a bunch of trail cam video clips of them using this area. There's a bunch of birds that use this property.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I understand the frustration when your season isn't going so well, but to throw out false accusations isn't right. I guess this is something I just got to get use to. Guys that know me or hunt with me, know that I'm legit. I put a lot of effort into making these videos. Yeah, I understand that hunting from a blind isn't everyone's cup of tea, and the run and gun is a bit more fun. With camera equipment and the movement required to self film, doing it all without a blind is very difficult. It just burns my buns to be accused of stuff that isn't even the least bit true. There's no bait but there are bunch of turkeys that use this hillside/knob. There's a field below, a field to the left and a field 150 yards to the right. When they roost below and to the left, they often times will come to my calls as they travel to the far field to my right. If they roost below and to the right they often answer but won't come. Sometimes they do show late morning. I'd guarantee if I took some of these guys there, showed them around and they'd be fired up to hunt it. Its private, with only a few people with access. And most times, when I hunt thru the week, I'm the only one there.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I understand the frustration when your season isn't going so well, but to throw out false accusations isn't right. I guess this is something I just got to get use to. Guys that know me or hunt with me, know that I'm legit. I put a lot of effort into making these videos. Yeah, I understand that hunting from a blind isn't everyone's cup of tea, and the run and gun is a bit more fun. With camera equipment and the movement required to self film, doing it all without a blind is very difficult. It just burns my buns to be accused of stuff that isn't even the least bit true. There's no bait but there are bunch of turkeys that use this hillside/knob. There's a field below, a field to the left and a field 150 yards to the right. When they roost below and to the left, they often times will come to my calls as they travel to the far field to my right. If they roost below and to the right they often answer but won't come. Sometimes they do show late morning. I'd guarantee if I took some of these guys there, showed them around and they'd be fired up to hunt it. Its private, with only a few people with access. And most times, when I hunt thru the week, I'm the only one there.
Don’t feel like you have to explain yourself to some clown on here!!!
Good job!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts