Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate the triangle, it doesn't work using a scope lol

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got it at diks, ya gotta add a c to the name of the store.

i think i got a couple years ago

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
If you have The G/T's I sure wouldn't throw them away. We tested a long time to find something better. I thought it would be impossible for a while there. The G/T is a very good arrow. The Victory has everything I want in an arrow though. I'm going to do some more tests this week, I'll have to try to remember to take a few pics.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
I love my GTs and agree, I mean you really cannot get better results.

However based off arrowheads recommendation alone, my next crossbow may be coming with a dozen victorys. SHoot some out of the Tornado please....

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
The Victory was built on the Tornado. It is the most accurate arrow we have ever built in the Tornado. We tested it in the Excalibur and got some very,very good results. I've got two manufacturers looking very closely at the Victory for thier package bows.
I've tested it in the Ten Points and my last three shot group destroyed the arrows. The only way to get them to group closer is to put them inside each other.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I agree. I tried most brands and Victory is the best IMO.
Just a heads up, Parker does not want any arrows that are smaller than.343 diameter and gt's are .336.

From the Parker Manual.

Parker Crossbows require a minimum 20” long arrow with “moon”
shaped nocks. Further, the arrow MUST have an outside diameter
of 22/64” to insure the anti-dryfire mechanism will engage safely.
We strongly recommend you use arrows that meet or exceed the
industry guideline of 425 grains minimum weight
Stant

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bobby2bears said:
Is it my tired old eyes, or is that arrow on the right missing a vane or two?

it does look like it i even had to go check after i posted the picture but they are all there.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm just funning on ya Arrowhead, I as RB said value your opinion and if you say they are better than I can't wait to try some. I'll be ordering some more soon, those 2 are the only ones i have left as i tried to shot a group once and well i now i only have 2 left.

i need to get ready for spring gobbler

·
Registered
615 Posts
Starting from left to right....old gt lazer 2.....new gt lazer 2 +40grns.....crossfire gt ..... pretty windy today sorry[notice the difference in penetration] havent shot the victorys [rebuilt] yet. 30 yrds 200 Excalibur Exocet

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I just tracked, it looks like we should have a new supply tomorrow.
Just a side note for those that might be interested. Victory also builds spokes for motocross racing, wheelchairs and bicycles. These are high end fiber spokes. I can't imagine a spoke made of fiber taking the abuse of a 240 lb. motocross bike landing on them at the end of a 110 foot jump.
spokes

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
Carbon fiber is an outstanding material.It comes in several variations for various uses.Aerospace,aircraft,bicycle frames and cranks.I will bet we see more.We know it works for arrows.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Thought I'd throw this pic on. It was shot at 50 yards and the group measures 2 inches outside to outside. Shot from my Cyclone Express 175. I started with 6 arrows and shot three groups, tossing out one arrow each group. I kept the best three and shot this group. Victory arrow, 2.1 inch Fusion Vanes, 110 grain brass insert and 100 grain point.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice thats impressive at 50 yds
, i haven't tried mine that far yet

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I won't shoot at game that far.
It's just nice to test and see how things work out at that distance. Any closer and I keep shooting nocks and vanes off. At 40 it looked fine and at 50 it seems like the group is fading a shade to the left. I think it needs another click or two to get it dialed in.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'll try mine at those distances this summer i got room to do it just haven't really had the time to play to much other than working on hunting set up.

·
Super Moderator
4,565 Posts
40 yards.Victory on the left aimed on the X.Firebolts in the center aimed at the white on the Buck's chest.GT2's on the right aimed at the X.The impotant thing to remember is the point of aim here.The bow was sighted in at 20 using all 3 brands with great results. URL=http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i277/diablo666_photos/Diablo666/?action=view&current=DSC_9712-1.jpg]
[/URL]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts