The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right, I dont graze. You wont find pictures on the internet of me down on my hands and knees munchin' on the lawn, I automatically cut the gratuity of any waiter who even dares to offer me a salad, and I think the only good use for lettuce is to make rabbit droppings. I'm carniverous!
That having been said, there is one weakness I have, and even if you're like me and refuse to eat like a woodchuck you might want to give it a try.

Hungarian Tomato Salad
In a two quart bowl, cut enough tomatoes into bite sized chuncks to bring it up to about three quarter full. You can use them little bitty round ones if you'd like, but cut them in halves.
Now slice a small onion. I like to slice it as thin as possible and then quarter those rings and then add them to the tomatoes.
Do the same thing with a green bell pepper.
In another bowl, put a half cup of vinegar and a half a cup of water. Add a half teaspoon of salt and three Tablespoons of sugar.
Mix it all up, pour it over the tomatoes, and give it a half hour in the fridge to cool before eating.
Enjoy!

(This is a basic recipe. If you want to make changes to suit your own taste go ahead. Chilis instead of bell peppers, a little hot sauce, more or less onions, it's all good. Just dont overpower the taste of the tomatoes.)

Tip #1 = You'll always spoon out more salad than dressing. There's no reason not to just keep chunking up more tomatoes and adding them to the mix.
Tip #2 =It isnt just a salad. It makes a fine side dish next to a grilled steak.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Tip #2 =It isnt just a salad. It makes a fine side dish next to a grilled steak.

That's a fine line yer walkin thar DIYASUB..

·
Administrator
30,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
springfreak said:

That's a fine line yer walkin thar DIYASUB..
I only bet on sure things. Give it a try!

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
i replace the pepper with cucumber, let it soak about 2 days

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
DIYASUB said:
That's right, I dont graze. You wont find pictures on the internet of me down on my hands and knees munchin' on the lawn, I automatically cut the gratuity of any waiter who even dares to offer me a salad, and I think the only good use for lettuce is to make rabbit droppings. I'm carniverous!
That having been said, there is one weakness I have, and even if you're like me and refuse to eat like a woodchuck you might want to give it a try.

Hungarian Tomato Salad
You don't graze?

you say you do not eat like a woodchuck?

But then post a Hunkie recipe for Tomato Salad....

What about them other Hunkie dishs I know you eat?

You graze on the Cabbage and Sauerkraut Before getting into the Hamburger in the Piggies!
What about Sauerkraut and Noodles? Your Grazing there!

Gotta Remember, I married int a Hunkie Family.....

1 thing though...there is Always MORE meat called for in recipes when dealing with hunkie food then normal foods, which shows they know how to show they are true carnivores!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Similar here with cukes, black olives, and either feta or blue cheese....mmmmmmm!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts