The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted earlier about time to make the switch to a crossbow due to ailing shoulders
Even though I didn't want to.
I'm over the anxiety of the choice and dealt with the reality of the situation.
After weeks of research I ordered a Ravin R10.
It's a left over model and came in at a price I could deal with.
I struggled for a while spending 4 digits for a crossbow when I could get a cheaper one that
could do the same job.
But then the more I thought of it I said to myself I could buy a low end Deer riffle combo for
$ 350 that could surely kill a Deer but how many of us have bought a Deer gun costing 3 times as much and think nothing of it.
Archery has always been my love and with most of my hunting done in special regs the Crossbow will be well worth it and will see plenty of use.:smile2:

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My buddy thinks I'm crazy for spending what I did, but 4 years ago I thought he was crazy
for spending over $100 on a Turkey decoy, yet I bought one this past season.

·
Registered
18,627 Posts
Great choice. Wishing you a fruitful fall hunting season.

·
Registered
12,252 Posts
It is a proven fact that the more you spend on equipment, the bigger the buck you will kill in the fall. LOL. Congrats on the new purchase. I haven't shot one, but they are supposed to be a really nice bow.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Nice :) I almost bought one but after shooting as demo at my local shop... I decided not too... few things I didn't care for but.. when you're use to one xbow the change can be difficult.. I hope you have success with yours..

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Nice :) I almost bought one but after shooting as demo at my local shop... I decided not too... few things I didn't care for but.. when you're use to one xbow the change can be difficult.. I hope you have success with yours..

TY, just came in yesterday, looks sweet.
Just have to mount the scope and sight her in.
Just one correction it's an R9 not R10. The R10 is a little lighter and 10 FPS faster. At 390 FPS the R9 will do me just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts