The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got out of the Coast Guard and I was living with my new wife in Corpus Christi Texas.. It was November and it was duck season.. I told my wife I was going hunting for ducks off of the Lagoon of the ship channel in Corpus Christi... I drove my VW Bug to the spot.. It's warm in Texas so I left my window down and didn't lock my car.. Throw out a deaks and waited in the bushes for what ever waterfowl in season to come by.. Mallards, Pinteals, Teal, and Red Heads were always good targets at this spot..As I waited (10 min) a vehicle pulled up to mine on this isolated road.. Two Hispanic gentlemen pulled up. One stayed in his car and the other got out and was looking for my keys in through the open window.. He got real upset when he couldn't find them for the taking.. Of course I knew they were going to steal the VW. Probably take it over the border at Brownsville, Texas..I was just about to be robbed of my car... The person on the outside gazed over the lagoon looking for me. I get up from the high grass with my head just above the reeds.. I wave at him... He now leans against my vehicle to wait me out to come back to the vehicle.. Here is the neat part.. They thought I was fishing...Ha!! I was duck hunting and had a Winchester Model 1400 semiautomatic shotgun..I walked through the reeds toward my vehicle.. The person at the car stands up now.. He still can't see my torso only my head as I walked toward him When I reached the end of the reeds I was now in shotgun range... I walked out of the reeds with that shotgun aimed right at them... Blink of a eye all it took to see that I had a gun and not a fishing pole.. The guy jumped into the car and all you saw was dust going down that dirt road as they beat it to probably over the border. Corpus was 100 miles from the border.. So if I would have been fishing I'd probably would have been murdered to buy them time... My wife would now be a widow, she was pregnant so my daughter wouldn't have a father, and my son would have never been born. No Mr. President don't try to take any kind of semiautomatic weapon type away from us gun toting Bible reading Americans..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.