The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted before that if it were not for my grandfather who took me fishing with him since I could walk, I'd have never become a hunter or fisherman. He passed right after I had my hunter safety when I was 12.

I wasn't allowed to go hunting until I moved out of my parents house, so I had to wait till I was 19. Dad used to hunt when he was a kid, but Mom didn't like it, so ... I waited.

My parents never never complained, however, about my love for fishing. I take that back, one fall day I stuck a bass and two dozen minnows in the swimming pool, but thats another story!

Anyhow, I am taking my Mom to Florida next month for a short vacation. I just got off the phone with her, hence my reason for being so excited!

She actually agreed to go deep sea fishing with me!!

This is the woman who wouldn't cook or eat fish- and wouldn't pick up a worm if her life depended on it-!!

She already has a vision of ending up in the hospital, so I'll be working on aleviating some of those fears between now and when we go, but she actually agreed to go, and seems somewhat excited about it!!

I actually have tears in my eyes! My MOM is going fishing with me!!!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

I absolutely love deep sea fishing. I've caught grouper, mahi mahi, dolphin, shark, baracuda, hooked, but ddn't land a marlin, croaker, halibut, salmon....

Mom says she's nervous about catching something "big". Frankly, I think she's just nervous about fishing, but she asked me if she "hooked into something bigger than her" if I'd reel it in, lol. I told her I would try, haha.

I'm not allowed to tell Mom's age, but I'm 44. I hope she gets a grouper or mahi, or anything! I'm taking the camera, and may not even wet a line myself!

This is almost as cool as taking my daughter hunting and harvesting her first deer.

I have yet to wipe this big grin off of my face!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Your excitement touches my heart. I can sense the deeply heartfelt excitement. I wish you both an amazing trip. You know Gal, even if not one fish is caught, you have already harvested memories!I am very happy for you both!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, I intend to! As it gets closer, I get more and more excited!

Note to self: Give Mom Dramamine the night before and again in the morning, lol

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Hey Gal that's great that your mom is gonna go with you! I
would definately give her drammamine before she boards the
boat. I have gone deep sea fishing a few times and it is
alot of fun, I loved it! We caught mahi mahi, sharks, tuna,
sailfish, blue marlin, wahoo, and king mackeral.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts