The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all HPAers,

HuntingPA.com turns 10 years old in 2009 and we think that is something to celebrate!! PA certainly has seen alot of changes to it's hunting scene over the last decade and they all have been throughly discussed here
We have also shared alot of seasons, opinions, successes ,tactics, stories, and even some tragedies we have endured together over the years and the time has come to put faces with all those names. Leave our debates at the door and come together in the woods of Central PA with a 2 DAY EVENT that should allow everyone some flexibility to make it on out and take part.

Date and Location have been set in stone to avoid confusion (we can never pick a date that will work for everyone):

SEPTEMBER 19-20 ,2009 at the clubgrounds of the CRESSON SPORTSMAN'S ASSOCIATION in Loretto PA 15940
Get directions to the club

This event will be free to all membership and meals and refreshments will be provided throughout the event. More information will come on nearby camping and accomidations.

Here is where we need your input on what kind of event you guys want to have :

Family picnic style...fishing derby, softball, other family events

Or

Outdoor Expo Style...vendors, seminars (pred huting, food plotting, etc..) ,calling contests , and shooting events

Or a combination of both (where I think we would all like this to end up.)

MARK THIS ON YOUR CALENDAR NOW , and give us your input.

The Admin from HPA plans to make the trip down to Cresson during their Coyote hunt Weekend on March 7th, so we hope to have a good feel by then about the kind of event we need to pull off.

Newbie, Long time poster or a reader that has never posted we want to met you and hear from you here. This event is to celebrate this unique Outdoor Community that we all have developed here over the years and we want it to be a BIG event. Anyone that may have something to offer the event in any way, please let us know either here or via a PM to me or "HuntingPA"...I wanted to call this event the HPA Outdoor Festival but we aren't there yet, and I hope with everyone's help we get there. This website has amazed before in what it can do when it comes together and we certainly expect no less here.

Thanks ALL!!! Can't Wait to Celebrate PA's hunting Heritage HPA style!

·
Registered
21,042 Posts
Sounds like a great time, hope to be able to make it.

Combo has my vote!!

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
maybe a dove hunt, is there anywhere to camp out

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thanks for the early notice. That should help a lot. Your membership certainly appreciates all HPA has done for the hunting/trapping, fishing, outdoor and conservation community. I look forward to being there.

·
Banned
10,004 Posts
I will put it on my calendar. this might just be the social event of the year.

·
6,466 Posts
vendors would be ok but we have to deal with commercial stuff all the time id be up for picinic and family style fun

·
Registered
19,671 Posts
Combo event for sure!!! On the calendar.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Thanks RB! I've been eagerly waiting for the announcement!
I like the family picnic idea the most, but some expo is alright too!

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I think a combo would work. A great club to have it at there is alot of room and a ton to do there.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I think a family picnic style event with some vendors, games
and seminars would be a good idea.

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
Rooster...my Calendar is marked!!

Appreciate so much lead time as many of our 2009 Calendars are already so quickly filling-up!

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Very nice to see this happen! Looking forward to it.

Heck you even got it on my weekend of being OFF.

Some kind of Combo sounds nice.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
We Are really looking forward to having you guys come and visit us...

I would like to thank everyone involved in making the decision to have it at our club...

I am sure everyone will have a great time!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
Very cool Rooster, I was wondering when you were going to post this up! Seems like not too long ago all of the discussions were going on (must have been about a year ago now)..

Depending on my work situation we'll see how this all pans out. Can I foresee a secondary horseshoe tournament/ cornhole festivities going on?

This could be scary

·
Registered
87 Posts
i would love to do this.as someone who is going to be new to the state it may help with meeting like minded individuals.While i like to camp the miss's doesnt anymore so lodging might be a good idea.some sort of picnic,skeet shoot sounds fun to me.a place to shoot the bows couldnt hurt

1 - 20 of 169 Posts