The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
enyone else ever used a BOLA to harvest game,i remember a few of you guy's & gal's who also enjoyed using a blowgun for chipmunk's.BOLA'S can be pretty wicked. notched out river rocks work extremly well; animal goes down,a quick slash of the throat and you got your trophy be it large or small.they are leagal in PA right?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
They are illegal to use to hunt or kill wildlife as are blowguns. How could you believe they are legal, did you ever read the hunting and trapping digest? Since you say anyone else I must assume you are doing it, I suggest you stop.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I think you should go out and video yourself using one then post it on here for us to see. I would like to see how it works.

Legal!?!?! No not in PA!!!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my buddy turned me on to the BOLA along time ago,he lives far back in WEST VIRGINA,i asumed they were ok in PA.they are a silent killer though.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
didn't want to stir anything up,just asked if anyone else ever used a bola to harvest game,they are very effective in highly populated urban areas to cull.besides i like to be well versed in all areas of weaponology in case of armageddon.3 or 4 rocks and rope,edged weapon easily made;i will be a survivor.go to the next level of homemade weapons,our native american brothers cut the trail.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well Put Vapor. You have to adapt.. Find an edge. We inner - city outdoorsman know this all too well. When the stuff finally hits the fan.. A well crafted boomerang will be priceless.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
Do they have a better range than the Atlatl, and if so how far can you throw them?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good question the ATLATL has more range than the BOLA due to aerodynamics,the BOLA is very accurate out to 30yds,but with alot of practice 40yds is within it's capabilities.[the size&shape of the rocks make a differance on distance and accuracy.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Anybody who assumes a Bola is legal in Pa.,or does not know a Bola is illegal in Pa.,has no business being in the woods with any kind of weapon!!!
Of all the dimwitted things I have read on here this one gets the first prize!!!
I mean come on,obviously he has never even opened the comic book,let alone read it!!!
I can not imagine the things you(or the cuurent WCO's) have to put up with in your job John!!!
In your case,John,had to put up with!!!

And to think,he has been hunting for 41 years?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
well after watching the vids it shure dose prove to be an effective handtruck killer but still not leaglein pa to hunt with & if Your worryed about the world ending may i suggest bow hunting & teaching yourself how to get close enough to game to use primitive whepons

·
Registered
138 Posts
WOW all i have to ask is ARE YOU SERIOUS????? where do you guys come up with this stuff.GO ahead make a video where you are using one to like you said kill a chipmunk and post it on youtube.. GO ahead WOW some guys just dont get it. And for your info chipmunks are protected in PA..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts