The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hunting tommorow? I'm in 5c and it's supposed to be 25-30 mph winds is it even worth hunting? Will the birds be flying? Any advice appreciated

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Find sheltered water where the wind is minimalized and then put the wind to your back.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Il be hunting a corn field, is there anyway I should set decoys due to wind? Obviously into the wind but anything else? Hunting with 3 doz full body's

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
All depends on your full bodies, if their bigfeet, take something to stake them down, or you will just be chasing decoys all morning. I'm using all silo's, and just put them as far in the ground as I can. I was out this morning in all the wind, until about 9:30, very few flew where I was, and I can see the roost, they were still there when I left. Heading out now, hopefully they didn't do the same thing here as in Steven's area, i'm hoping they fly good tonight since the didnt' this morning.

Wind won't stop them from flying, their used to it.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Im not gonna bother tomorrow. Ive never really had great success with high winds and canadas. Seems like the wind throws the birds off their normal patterns. Leave late or not at all.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I am probably not going out either since I spent the morning hunting rather than scouting. Geese flew around 11:30 today, btw. I think the changes in conditions screwed them up a little. I think an earlier flight tomorrow

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
change of plans for me. i will be heading out now. just got a call that 300 birds were in the field all day today. looks like a muddy windy morning tomorrow....

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Buk_Huntir said:
change of plans for me. i will be heading out now. just got a call that 300 birds were in the field all day today. looks like a muddy windy morning tomorrow....
Change of plans here, heading out to hunt with Buk Huntir

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Headed out tomorrow! My buddy called and said a couple small flocks have been flying into his paps pasture for the last couple days. I don't know how this will turn out if we get the snow were suppose to because they have been feeding on the short green grass. I guess we'll find out. Good luck to all venturing out in the tough conditions.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
stevenstiegel said:
Buk_Huntir said:
Come on out. We are gonna be light on guns. We are meeting at 6 so u should leave about 2

·
Registered
975 Posts
Steven's wife just told me he can't hunt in the morning cause he did'ent clean up his room. He's grounded!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Buk_Huntir said:
stevenstiegel said:
Buk_Huntir said:

Come on out. We are gonna be light on guns. We are meeting at 6 so u should leave about 2

I would any other day but I have some Christmas shopping to do. Plus I am grounded

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
BOOTOXEN said:
Sleep in...go shopping.
I only WISH i could sleep in...... awake between 4 and 5 whether i have to or not.
We had plans to take the boat out this morning; word is that there tons of divers around. Decided to wait till Monday. I absolutely hate the feeling of my truck sliding backwards down the launch ramp.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts