The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While i agree with other posters on here that most hunting shows on TV now a days are pretty bad and more reality TV based then actual hunting, so I ask the question, are there any out there that you guys do like and are worth watching? I like Mathews dominate bucks on outdoor channel because it tries to teach you something in every show. Any others?

·
Registered
818 Posts
"Wingshooting USA" with Scott Linden is my favorite. The dog work is usually less than stellar but it's the real deal and Scott is a professional and does a good job. Wingshooting is sponsored by the NSSF.
Another one I like is "KT Diaries". This is a hunting and fishing show that is very well done but what I really like about this show is the Australian girl that does some of the narration. You never see her but I just love to hear her talk!

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I like to think that I like Predator Quest because I might learn something about hunting coyotes...truth be told, how many times can I watch the same sequence.....calling, coyote runs in, Les blows it up, five minute description of everything from the gun, to the seat, to the underwear.....
Would rther be outside myself than watching others.....

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
On your own adventures, G3 Sportsmen, Outlanders,Trout unlimited, and Hardcore pursuit only because I like how they have good filming and intro stuff.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Either Buck McNeeley, Ted Nugent or Long Range Pursuit as each exemplifies some facet of worst of and embarrassing to hunters...therefore, one can learn what not to do.

I do watch both Wingshooting, USA and the American Birdhunter....Linden and Lack each appear to be in a contest to see who can talk the most around birddogs doing their stuff.
Lack leads in the word count at present.
Quite the contest...I am on the edge of the barcalounger at each ariing of an episode.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I don't like or watch hunting shows on TV...but i sure liked F-Troop when it was on.

·
Registered
7,391 Posts
Can't say I watch any of them regularly. I know all shows have sponsors, but the hunting shows on now are simply one big commercial. They are NOTHING like real hunting.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I think Roger Raglin is the most honest guy doing it. He gets so excited he all but pee's himself, he misses alot, and he shows it on camera. I just love when he gets one...JIIMMMIINNY Christmas ! By God ! Whoooeee! I don't think you can fake that.
I like Stan Potts intensity when he scores. His face looks like a cross between a freed hostage and a mass murderer, then he cries a little... I think he means it.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
I,m with B/Swattie.Even the you tube ones get on your nerves.All of the worthless conversation,the chance encounters and the wispering is to much to stomach.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts