The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know of a gu who got caught red handed sitting in a tree stand with corn all around it. This to me is hunting over bait, now my question is how far of an area do they make off limits, this guys stand is right on the property line with ours so it takes some of our land out. Also what will his punishment be?

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
the area size is determined by the WCO who has the case, it's pretty much what ever he wants it to be.

but i wouldnt throw stones into the hornets nest. wait to see if they tell you anything.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea what the punishment for tis is? The WCO's walked right up to his stand the first day with him in it.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
pamat said:
I thought C'mere Deer was considered bait.
It is...and don't let anyone fool you otherwise. Everytime my wife has said that...She baited me into doing one of the chores on the honey do list.....

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Baiting appears out of control in PA. Most of the large archery bucks are taken over some kind of bait. The bait attracts the does and the bucks follow.

I have been told by GC that is one of the reasons that they seek to legalize baiting in PA. Sort of make it a level playing field, and an enforcement nightmare. Funny how many guy don't believe or understand how much baiting is going on. Wonder why the feed stores sell so much "deer corn" in Sept thru Nov? Even "big box" sporting goods stocks large quanities of "deer Corn" and Deer Kokane.

I'm not for baiting as it takes away some of the challenge of hunting. If is allowed in PA I'll not bait.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The PGC is not looking to legalize bait in PA. Hunting over bait in the SRAs was opposed by the PGC but the general assembly amended the law to allow it and when the PGC refused to do it the general assembly pushed and threatened for years until the board relented and allowed it.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Hunted in Kentucky two years ago. Down there, baiting is permitted on private land; prohibited on public areas. I believe some other states have this rule also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts