The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
820 Posts
Start with the Wayne National Forest. Its pretty big and you can do a lot of walking around there. The Wayne does get hit pretty hard through out the year but there are a few pockets that hold a decent number and good bucks. Your best bet would be to hunt the edges of public and private. Also, there are a bunch of smaller parcels that can be found on the ODNR website. Talk to someone at the ODNR in Athens Ohio and they will point you in the right direction.

· Registered
781 Posts
Wayne NF is nowhere near Wheeling. Egypt Valley is close and big 14,000+ acres but get pounded hard. Be tuff hunting, lots of guys driving and some very thick area's. I sent you a PM of a much smaller tract of state ground that doesn't get near the pressure.

· Registered
2,287 Posts
I hope you dont have high hopes from reading too many articles because yes its better out there but not by much. Their hunters are not happy either.

· Registered
2,287 Posts
Where you at in PA? I have an unused salt fork permit that I drew(odds are like 1:100) but its archery only. If youre interested and wanna come get it Ill sign it over too you. No way I am going to have time to get back out there this year.

Its good for you and a guest. The majority of it is now open. When I was out there for my hunt only a very small section was open so I didnt bother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.