The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Hunting License PSA

3K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  bohunr 
#1 ·
So I ordered my license online last week, came in quick arrived Monday. Took out the contents and put it on the table, threw away the envelope. I ordered online before but might have been a couple years ago and I can't remember how it arrived in the past. So today I decide I should send in my pink envelope. I pick up the stuff off the table and start thinking where is my license and tags, all I have is the digest and 2 pink envelopes. What the heck who can I call to find out if maybe there is a 2nd packet coming due to the reported delays. Then I think I should check to make sure I got it all out of the envelope but I remember looking inside to be sure nothing was in there. So I get it out of the trash and low and behold there is a little pocket inside with my tags. It could have been worse if I burned the paper trash.

Handwriting Sleeve Wood Rectangle Font
Dress Wood Sleeve Glove Hardwood

See less See more
#10 ·
Yes and no, the address label that you see is just that, an address label. But by perforation it is attached to the license like all the other folded parts, the label part is just 3 lines, Name, Street address, and last line is city state zip. Your official address/CID is on the license itself. I've already tore off (perforated) and thrown away the address part as it serves no purpose other than for the post office to get it to you.

But being green from the outside it just looks like simply an address label. If it was bright yellow I think that would clue a lot of people that it might be the license. Remember our old vehicle registration stickers being in their own pocket in the envelope, but with them it was obvious it was the actual registration sticker you saw in the pocket.

@bohunr, haven't looked at the allocations but if anything like previous 3C years, I often don't even send in a pink envelope, just wait until over the counter and go in and get 1 or 2.

Reactions: bohunr
#13 ·
Historically, 3C gets HAMMERED in the first unsold round....
Unless there's a huge drop in demand for that WMU this year (doubtful), it'll sell out before the 2nd unsold round begins.

All that said, I'm still holding on to a small glimmer of hope for a crack at a 3rd 3C tag... very small....

#14 ·
Same concept, different problem.
Got in line to renew my senior lifetime, got there early, but still third in line. Got up to the window, told the lady I would like a Dmap for the State Forest, and was told they werre sold out as of midnight! We need to dump the online stuff.

#16 ·
I didnt toss it in the trash, but it was headed that way. I flipped through the book 7 times looking for it. On the third time I looked in the envelope, I realized the shipping lable was thicker and a separate pouch.

#34 ·
The motivation of some of the comments don't need to be guessed at. On an anonymous platform you don't have any control over the type of people you have to deal with.

Reactions: Kirkcousins
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.