The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Hunting License Increase Presentation

4K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  casey 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I just saw the rebroadcast on PCN. The PGC presented their case
and I believe they are going to have a hard sell.I know the non residents are not going to be happy as the PGC is going to want $200 and then the add ons $$$ by year 5 they are going to pay $75.00 for a doe tag alone.Going to get interesting for sure.

#5 ·
Increase the fee... or apply for a license and your doe permits to a merged GC with DCNR.

Neither the GC or the PFBC can run a deficient. If they go bust - they get merged with some other agency. Period.

#6 ·
Bluetick said:
Neither the GC or the PFBC can run a deficient. If they go bust - they get merged with some other agency. Period.
Or you pressure you elected officials to reform the bennies for all past, current, and future state employees to actual address the root of the issue.

#7 ·
Bluetick said:
Increase the fee... or apply for a license and your doe permits to a merged GC with DCNR.

This merger should have happened years ago , combined agencies work in every other state and will work in pa.

#8 ·
dpms said:
Bluetick said:

Or you pressure you elected officials to reform the bennies for all past, current, and future state employees to actual address the root of the issue.

and that will never happen.

#10 ·
I am for a lic increase for one I can afford it. If someone cant you may need to get a better job than Burger King hunting is way to expensive for you. PA is to cheap for out of state hunters and they should be paying more to come and use resources that belong to the resident hunters of PA. Pheasant stamp should be mandatory as well as grouse and waterfowl. We as lic buyers are the main support for the PGC lands and employees.We are screwed if we loose the PGC as a stand alone agency then the game lands will be yuppie trash four wheeler and other garbage play grounds. Hunting will really suck then.

#11 ·
The cost of a hunting license, even if it's over $100 for everything, is peanuts compared to what we waste on other stuff in our lives. Not sure what the big deal is, hasn't been raised in years!! If you love hunting like most on here do, or you wouldn't be here, you shouldn't even give it a 2nd thought.

All the extra stamps should be brought up. If a pheasant stamp is enacted, we need to make sure all the funds go to pheasants, etc.

All waterfowlers need a federal duck stamp, 98% of the proceeds go directly to buying/leasing/preserving wetlands. Did anyone hear that the duck stamp price went up 40% this year? From $15 to $25? Unless you buy one, you probably didn't hear about it, there is no threads of people complaining or anything, even on the waterfowl forum! Why? We want to pay it. A lot of waterfowlers would also like to see a mandatory PA state duck stamp. Problem comes in because they won't guarantee that the funds will go directly to the resource. Most other states have a mandatory stamp, and it works like the federal stamp, only on the state level.

As dpms is saying, there are bigger problems that need fixed before we all agree to start paying a bunch more, for stamps that will just be used for general funds. Although I think a general increase is needed now, the extra stamps and all shouldn't be used just as a fund raising scheme. Let the market for the stamps tell them what is needed. If there are only "X" number of pheasant stamps sold, that's how much money should be used for pen raised birds for those hunters. Money for special stamps shouldn't just get tossed into the general fund. If the general fund need money, raise the regular hunting license that much.

#13 ·
I know all the waterfowlers know about it, but did you hear anyone really complain? It's a good program, 98% of the dollars go directly to the resource, not much more you can ask for.

How would it work in PA. If they make the stamp mandatory, where's the money going? Then we have a right to complain. I would probably never complain about the price, long as the money is being used for of that stamp. Not saying I wouldn't buy it, just saying I wouldn't be happy if the money from a state duck stamp is just jammed into the general fund, and used for raising pheasants, or a song bird study. Just as pheasant hunters wouldn't want their stamp money going to dove hunting habitat.

I'd go one step further and say that IF a extra pheasant stamp was given approval, AND the money was going to enhancing pheasant habitat or something similar. I would probably buy a pheasant stamp, and i've never hunted pheasants in my life except on a preserve.....

#14 ·
12gagrouse said:
I am for a lic increase for one I can afford it. If someone cant you may need to get a better job than Burger King hunting is way to expensive for you. PA is to cheap for out of state hunters and they should be paying more to come and use resources that belong to the resident hunters of PA. Pheasant stamp should be mandatory as well as grouse and waterfowl. We as lic buyers are the main support for the PGC lands and employees.We are screwed if we loose the PGC as a stand alone agency then the game lands will be yuppie trash four wheeler and other garbage play grounds. Hunting will really suck then.
good for you rich man, are you single, kids go to college, own a home or live in a tent?

I never worked at a fast food place but I do have two children in college, some of us have priorities as to how we spend our money. I do however agree that we need the PGC to remain a stand alone agency though.

#15 ·
darkhollowarcher said:
Bluetick said:

This merger should have happened years ago , combined agencies work in every other state and will work in pa.
Of course a merger of the agencies would work. But why fix what ain't broke?

#17 ·
thewildfront said:
dpms said:
Bluetick said:
Excellent point.
should not change the benefits for past or current employees, especially the pensions. those people worked for them and contributed to it.

can you imagine working 30 plus years, overtime included, paying into your benefits and looking forward to a decent living after retirement. then after you retire, being able to live on your pension and being able to still pay all your bills, buying medicine and food then being told.

SORRY, we have to cut your pension in half the sportsmen of PA are demanding it and of course we (the state legislature) will not cut our benefits or refuse our raises because we earn it.

change things for future employees, let them work for it too.

congressmen and senators make to much money and have way better benefits than any working man or woman. want to save the state some money, start there.

a congressman makes approx. 175,000 gets a car, travel expenses and a per diem that they can spend anyway they want. lets cut back on all that and the dumb studies the government does. I just saw on the news the other day that the federal government is funding a study on some Asian game bird to see if they are sexually promiscuous after using cocaine, WHY?

stop this stuff and save lots of money... and fund things for real people that need it, like the PGC and us

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.