The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with almost a full year of hunting behind us, I am curious what you do with your hunting licence since it is no longer required to be worn as a back tag

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hasnt changed for me. It is a course of habit and everyone in my hunting party has kept the tag on our backs.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
In my wallet.
It's one less thing I have to worry about forgetting to transfer to different outerwear.

·
Registered
5,796 Posts
I screwed up this year on second week. Went back to camp on Sunday and of course i started carring my Lic. in my pants pocket. About 1 pm on second monday i reached in my pocket for some reason and no lic. Ah crap, i left them home on my counter top. Called wife to bring to her work place and my aunt picked them up there and took to her house whee i only had a 20 minute drive next day to pick up. Now that would of been embarraring if i was out some where and didnt have them. Think im going back to old way of the display.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Re: Hunting license?

I put mine in the zipper inside pocket of my hunting vest.

outofstater said:
I screwed up this year on second week. Went back to camp on Sunday and of course i started carring my Lic. in my pants pocket. About 1 pm on second monday i reached in my pocket for some reason and no lic. Ah crap, i left them home on my counter top. Called wife to bring to her work place and my aunt picked them up there and took to her house whee i only had a 20 minute drive next day to pick up. Now that would of been embarraring if i was out some where and didnt have them. Think im going back to old way of the display.
It is just as easy to forget it on the counter in a display holder as it is just leaving the tag there. I know many people who have done that, back when we needed to display them.

·
Registered
361 Posts

I keep it in my backpack with my "emergency kit" I do not ever enter the woods without my backpack...It is big enough..and carries essentials..that it is not something I could ever forget to bring.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I keep mine in my wallet. Now if the PFBC would follow suit I could take my fishing license off my flyfishing vest and put it in my wallet too.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

Keep it on back,
Regular license
Furtaker license
Archery
Bear
Bobcat
2 doe tags
Muzzeloader
Pen n zip ties, all don't fit in wallet ...

·
Registered
2,677 Posts

Still in holder on my back. With all the tags and licenses plus pencil and pieces of string to attatch the tags it is pretty bulky to have in a wallet.

·
Super Moderator
13,333 Posts

Since all lot of states do not required a hunting license to be carried on the back many hunting garments and especially rain gear do not have a good means to carry without making a pin hole in same.

Also when carrying a back pack and/or tree stand the license was not visible on ones back....Glad we went to Concealed carry for hunting license.

In archery I carry mine in my back pack and wallet for other hunting when not wearing a back pack.

·
Registered
522 Posts

Small gaming I keep it on my vest. Anytime I go in the woods with my backpack for waterfowl, deer, bear, or turkey it's in the back pack.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts