The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always go the the hardware store for mine . I have a life time lic.
How are going to get yours ?

·
Registered
10,893 Posts
Whatever strikes me. 50/50, sometimes online, sometimes at the courthouse if I'm feeling superstitious. (I usually do pretty well when I get my license there.)

·
Super Moderator
29,518 Posts
I'll have to order mine online.
None of the local stores here are issuing agents......

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
BCozhunter said:
I'll have to order mine online.
None of the local stores here are issuing agents......

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
SE PGC HQ - in the old days I saved the "agent" fee by buying direct, however with the system the PGC is no longer the "agent" so now I pay the "agents" fee too.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
willyp said:
X2. Hallman's on Rt 113 and Pikeland Road. I go there for a license every year. This year I am going to remember to get a Senior Lsc - forgot I was eligible last year.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
kudu58 said:
Whatever strikes me. 50/50, sometimes online, sometimes at the courthouse if I'm feeling superstitious. (I usually do pretty well when I get my license there.)
I'm with Kudu.
Usually online. but if the thought hits while in a LGS, like when I remember that I forgot to do the online order
I get it then.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
I did it online for years when it became available. Then, one year they screwed something up and a whole lot of folks didn't get their licenses for weeks....I was one of them. Since then I walk the random idiot at Walmart through the process.

I'd go to one of the local gun shops, but they won't take debit and I'm not going out of my way to hit the ATM just so they don't have any costs involved. They made their choice and I have mine as well.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
willyp said:
I get mine at Kinsey's sometime during the weekdays when most all the other poor folks are working(?). Hand them the old one and they print out the new one,no charge. But, I don't get away entirely Scott free, I've offered( committed) paying for my grandson's licenses until they're 18. Afterward the snot bubbles are on their own!

Bill

·
Super Moderator
4,849 Posts
Dunhams,they do it right at the checkout line.Takes about 2-3 minutes.They take a debit card too.

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
I'll probably set my alarm for midnight on the first day available, get out of bed, buy my license online, buy my DMAP tags online, and be back in bed by 12:20. Just like every other year.

·
Registered
477 Posts
If I plan my trip early enough, I order it online from here in NC. If I don't have enough time before the trip, I stop at Juanita Trading Post on the way to camp

As a Non-Resident, I don't bother with doe tags anymore. We get unlimited doe tags down here... And it is tough for a NR to get a doe tag for 2G or 2H

1 - 20 of 32 Posts