The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a property that I've hunted for years and unfortunately they've decided they want to try and lease the property and get money for the hunting rights, but also are requiring us to have insurance covering ourselves. Does anyone know where to get this insurance or a round about price per year this costs. I'm trying to figure out if this is even gonna be worth it for below average hunting. Don't have many places to hunt as is or j wouldn't even be thinking about it. Thanks for any help
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,914 Posts
I would say it's not worth it but I don't know your area.Below average?I wouldn't pay for that.First time you harvest an animal or another lessee contacts them the cost goes up.As more land in Pa gets leased the cost goes up.Your call.I have posted a few times how to gain free land to hunt.I'm not doing it again.Nothing personal.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
30,610 Posts
I'm required to have insurance in order to get my license. But can't help you out with info, since it's a German law.


I pay about 80 Euro for three years coverage (license is valid for three years at a time). Covers 3 million euro personal liability and 500k euro property damage. Or so it says, it's all written auf Deutsch........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,484 Posts
The liability section of your homeowners insurance will cover you for a hunting accident to limit of $5,000 or maybe double that. You can buy more with a umbrella rider to any limit you choose. Talk to your agent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,559 Posts
Hiamovi said:
.First time you harvest an animal or another lessee contacts them the cost goes up. quote]

I don't understand this statement. Can you expand on this? Why would your rate go up if you get a deer? Lessee contact?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,998 Posts
Wald Jager said:
Hiamovi said:
.First time you harvest an animal or another lessee contacts them the cost goes up. quote]

I don't understand this statement. Can you expand on this? Why would your rate go up if you get a deer? Lessee contact?
The second the landowner sees you get some nice deer or the second someone else wants to lease the land is the same second he's going to charge you more for next year's lease.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,267 Posts
Yea, you're only gonna have that lease until someone decides to out bid you. How many acres and what are they asking for below average deer hunting? Also, if you proceed with this and acquire the lease make sure you get it for multiple years and obtain it in writing. Preferably a notarized document. No clue about hunting insurance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,928 Posts
Buck Whisperer said:
Yea, you're only gonna have that lease until someone decides to out bid you. How many acres and what are they asking for below average deer hunting? Also, if you proceed with this and acquire the lease make sure you get it for multiple years and obtain it in writing. Preferably a notarized document. No clue about hunting insurance.
Besides having no clue about hunting insurance, you also have no clue about hunting leases.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,267 Posts
Goosehunter said:
Buck Whisperer said:
Yea, you're only gonna have that lease until someone decides to out bid you. How many acres and what are they asking for below average deer hunting? Also, if you proceed with this and acquire the lease make sure you get it for multiple years and obtain it in writing. Preferably a notarized document. No clue about hunting insurance.
Besides having no clue about hunting insurance, you also have no clue about hunting leases.
Care to elaborate on that or were you just looking to insult?
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top