The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello anybody got any info on fine or penalties regarding being in the wrong wmu at the wrong time? On the 18th me and a buddy went hunting however it was in 3d not 5c which was a complete accident, the wardens said the fine would come in the mail it would be a summary offense, "just like a parking ticket" they said, well once it came there was no amount written anywhere, do i need to go to court now? any info would help thanks.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
On the back???????........plead *NOT Guilty......or........Guilty

*not referring to what you should plead, just emphasizing.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
The judge will set the penalty, if you were charged with hunting in closed season, I believe hunting deer in closed season is a summary 2 which carries $300.00 to $800.00 penalty. Tough break but you are responsible for knowing where you are hunting. Follow the instructions on the back of the citation, if you want to plead guilty you should go to the DJ's office so you can find out how much he will set the fin at, if you want a hearing check that portion of the citation and return it to the DJ's office and you will get a hearing date by mail.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you all, they are now i just looked at maps in digest and got confused. just wasn't sure of the fines cause nothing was written on the paper or the summons from the wardens

1 - 9 of 9 Posts