The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to hunt state/public land during the 2011 deer season. I am familiar with the RT 84 corridor form the NJ border to Scranton.

Can anyone make a recommendation to state lands for me to look into? I am obviously going to do my own scouting next year, I just don't know where to start, as I have never hunted PA before. Thanks

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
You might want to check into Northern Wayne and Susquehanna Counties as well.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
SGL 13 in Sullivan county. Big bears and big bucks. VEry very vast, you must scout it, but if you put the time in you will have luck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
You might want to look into the federal land in Pike County by the Delaware River. I think its called the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. I hunt a lot of that land in the Dingmans Ferry area quite sucessfuly along Rts 209 and 739. Plenty of deer and bear.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
acorn1956 said:
You might want to look into the federal land in Pike County by the Delaware River. I think its called the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. I hunt a lot of that land in the Dingmans Ferry area quite sucessfuly along Rts 209 and 739. Plenty of deer and bear.
I am very familiar with the DWG along 209. I have camped and canoed that stretch of river dozens of times. I was unaware, though, that you could hunt there. I'll have to look into that.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
There are good sections along 209 but it gets hit hard during bear and rifle deer. Do your homework.

·
Registered
150 Posts
mtnboy said:
You might want to check into Northern Wayne and Susquehanna Counties as well.
Northern Wayne, right by the West Branch of the Delaware
2 SGL's and hardly any traffic compared to farther south.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts