The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me with finding some bow hunting only land in the upper chesapeak area or just mayland in general? I thought i would start here instead driving around knocking on doors. Also, not looking for clubs or pay per day type of deal. thanks

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
ICAREDOYOU said:
For FREE private land hunting, your best bet would be to taking a drive and do some door knocking.
Wampire has talked to a "professional" hunter who litereally kept track of EVERY deer kill he ever had, everwhere he's ever hunted to include private farms/land etc... and wrote up a big resume' with his kills, contacts of previous land he's hunted, etc... Went door to door and outta like 40 or 50 (i forget the actual number) doors he knocked on and sat down and talked to the landowners, he got like 2 yes's and a maybe. Again numbers I forget exact, but i know he had ALOTTA No's... to like 2 yes's... I suggest you start knocking on doors, or do what I did. I started fishing with a guy on the chesapeake bay whom I met when I first started fishing the bay and he sorta took me under his wing and taught me all the secrets to fishing for stripers on the bay. Well a strong friendship ensued and the following year I was hunting their private farms down around Sykesville, and on the E. Shore outside of Easton.

Just put some time in and get out and meet some ppl. Talk to local sportinggoods stores around the areas in MD you wanna hunt.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
not to mention working as a bow tech at a major archery shop, wearing shirt and tie, and bringing a waiver for any possible lawsuits. And he got one yes and one maybe out of about 40.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Killin'time said:
ICAREDOYOU said:
For FREE private land hunting, your best bet would be to taking a drive and do some door knocking.
Wampire has talked to a "professional" hunter who litereally kept track of EVERY deer kill he ever had, everwhere he's ever hunted to include private farms/land etc... and wrote up a big resume' with his kills, contacts of previous land he's hunted, etc... Went door to door and outta like 40 or 50 (i forget the actual number) doors he knocked on and sat down and talked to the landowners, he got like 2 yes's and a maybe. Again numbers I forget exact, but i know he had ALOTTA No's... to like 2 yes's... I suggest you start knocking on doors, or do what I did. I started fishing with a guy on the chesapeake bay whom I met when I first started fishing the bay and he sorta took me under his wing and taught me all the secrets to fishing for stripers on the bay. Well a strong friendship ensued and the following year I was hunting their private farms down around Sykesville, and on the E. Shore outside of Easton.

Just put some time in and get out and meet some ppl. Talk to local sportinggoods stores around the areas in MD you wanna hunt.
killin'time im thinking i need to become a regular on the past striper charter boat i been on this year. They have farms for deer hunting. Do you fish the fall run for stripers in the bay a lot?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts