The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I accidentaly got a 1A antlerless deer tag instead of a 2A tag. Can anyone suggest where to hunt? I am going early muzzleloader on Saturday. I have hunted in Moraine SP but don`t exactly know where to go there either. I see there are 2 or 3 game lands in 1A, but have never hunted them. Any help would be very much appreciated. If you would like to go hunting with me, I can pick you up if you need a ride. Thank you.

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, we were in the process of moving and made a big oops!

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
N that I look at a game lands map it looks like there are more game lands in 1A than I thought.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I thought if my place in 1A worked out, I would invite you up, but it hasn't. there are a ton of sgl's up our way, but I have only hunted rabbits at them back a few years ago. the weather isn't going to help this weekend either.

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blackpowder said:
I thought if my place in 1A worked out, I would invite you up, but it hasn't. there are a ton of sgl's up our way, but I have only hunted rabbits at them back a few years ago. the weather isn't going to help this weekend either.
I appreciate it either way!! Ya, the rain is a bummer, but I don`t mind if light. I am hoping for the best though.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
SGL 39 is huge...north of 80 and west of rt 8..

i used to hunt it all the time...the area i used to hunt has changed and isnt so great anymore..but im certain the deer are still there somewhere..you can jump on a trail and literally walk for hours...

it'd be a nice area to spend the day and id be surprised if you didnt atleast see some deer even just walking the trails..

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool. Do you know how to get there? I know the route 8 part but not sure how to get to those game lands. Thank you.

·
Registered
9,485 Posts
I wouldn,t give up if I was you Oct.I think it would be exciting to check out new lands.Remember it,s not about killin,it,s about huntin and the time afield.Plus.you got a lot of time to chase Bunnies and only 2 days left of the early season.Good luck.

·
Registered
12,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I totally agree with you. New woods are a lot of fun and I also just want to be out in the woods. Being out is the best part of it!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts