The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen a whole lot of bucks during archery, and the property that I am hunting i can't have a firearm on. I have seen a couple nice ones and one in particular that i am really wanting. My question is what are yins thoughts on this assuming i don't shoot one before archery closes

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
First day of gun is one of the best days of the year to bowhunt, Get in your stand and sit all day.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I only use my gun a few days, most of gun season I'll be with my bow.Like you, I have a few archery only areas where I've been seeing nice bucks. Monday evening I had a wall hanger at 42 yards. He chased a doe off and I watched him for 30 minutes. Hoping he gives me another chance this afternoon.

·
Registered
835 Posts
That's the only way I've hunted since 2005. Go get um.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Properties i hunt don;t allow gun hunting, i'l be out on the Saturdays if i still have tag left. I do feel like a light bulb during rifle with all that orange on.

The only issue i had one time is that when they come flying by after being shot at for awhile, they are not going to stop for nothing and all you can do is watch em run.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The thought actually crossed my mind, but every deer I see during rifle season is running for it's life, so if I want to put any meat in the freezer I will probably have 7MM Mag with me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
heights87 said:
The thought actually crossed my mind, but every deer I see during rifle season is running for it's life, so if I want to put any meat in the freezer I will probably have 7MM Mag with me.
^^ This.
I hunt a narrow 12 acre spot that im affraid if i hit one and he runs more than 150yds he's probably going to get it from the other lands boardering the property. I'll probably use the gun then wait for late season i will only hunt acouple days of rifle anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts