The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the IWOM, Brutal XT hunting system while at the outdoor show last week. The system is well thought out and seems to be high quality. Every year I fight to balance warmth versus weight when selecting clothes for hunting during rifle and late archery season. For me this system seem to be just right. Yesterday I decided to test the warmth claims, 13 degrees and steady frigid wind 10+mph. I wore the suit over a T-shirt and a pair of thin Dickies work pants for a little over an hour. During that time I stayed completely comfortable and warm. I'm convinced it will work well over the long haul next season. Thought I would share this information for anyone thinking of upgrading or adding to their hunting gear. Thanks.

·
Registered
18,574 Posts
I have the same IWOM XT body suit. It has way more features than the Heater Body Suit. Well thought out, quality, and it works!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I came real close to buying one of these last year at the show. Didn't make it there this year. May I ask what you paid for it?

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Show price is $349, $399 currently online. Don't get sticker shock, this system replaces parka, bibs, full face mask and hand muff. Buying these items at Cabelas will cost more than the IWOM. I debated/watched for two years before buying. Google "IWOM forum" and I've never found a negative review.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I haven't tried putting it on in a hangon tree stand but it's not bad sliding it over your feet and zipping it up in a ladder stand.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
At those prices, some $399, I've learned to keep warm in other ways. Not that the now doesn't work, but I was warm years ago dragging out a deer in minus 10 degree weather. the young hunter only knows the now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts