The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems obvious to me and I know that this would meet the orange requirements on a blind from a total sq. inches point but would it meet the 360 degree requirement? I know I can wear the required orange instead but I don't see it being much good while sitting in the blind.

Thanks for your help

From the digest:

"Blinds: Blinds can be used for big game (see turkey section for specifics for blinds while turkey hunting), however, the required amount of fluorescent orange must be worn while in the blind, or a minimum of 100 square inches of fluorescent orange material (orange alert band will suffice) must be displayed within 15 feet of the blind and visible in a 360-degree arc."

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
That blind would be fine to use.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
From the press release - April GC Meeting, concerning the question:

- Gave preliminary approval to a regulatory change to require all hunters using manufactured blinds used for deer, elk and bear to post a minimum of 100 square inches of daylight fluorescent orange-colored material within 15 feet of the blind so that it is visible within a 360-degree arc, in addition to wearing orange while in the blind

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/ser...se__040_10.html

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So now you have to do both, that's fine by me I would have most likely done it anyway. never understood why someone would just want to wear it inside anyway.

thanks for the update

·
Registered
174 Posts
Bluetick,

Just asking. Wouldn't the specified amount of blaze orange on the blind, visible from 360 degrees meet the requirement of being within 15 feet of the blind? A distance of zero feet is certainly less than 15 feet and certainly within 15 feet which would include any distance from zero feet to 15 feet.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Within 15 feet means from 0 to 15 feet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts