The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading another post in a different forum I was wondering what you guys thought about this. If you owned some property how many acres would you allocate per hunter?

1 hunter per 10 acres (1:10), 1 hunter per 20 acres (1:20), etc.

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
1:50 or 2:100 if I could. 50 acres for me and 50 acres for my son!

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Pigger said:
1:50 or 2:100 if I could. 50 acres for me and 50 acres for my son!

I need 200 acres ; 50 for my son, 50 for my daughter, and 100 for me (I'm a big guy)

·
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are deer hunting. Archery, rifle, ML, etc.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I hunt a private chunk of land that is about 120 acres quite often and 3 total hunters during archery feels a little cramped to me at times. It may also have something to do with all the people sneaking onto the land though

1 hunter for every 50 acres seems like a good ratio to me.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
When talking about a lease 1:30 is what I would like to see, because you know that with the exception of the first day of rifle, not everyone is going to be there at the same times. I'd be comfortable at 1:40, 1:30 usually leaves a few people in less than prime spots.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
In Georgia, through years of leasing land, the size is no more than 50 acres a hunter. With that illusion, he can still hope that a trophy buck is a long shot. After, he pays a bunch of bucks for the leased land -his fifty acres.

Plus it's a little too small to get lost on.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I used to hunt on 15 acres and there were 2 of us. It was very productive and not cramped at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts