The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunter is 7, we have been shooting a 22 250 for weeks, he loves the gun and was real comfortable shooting it. At camp he would shoot 9, 10 and X at 50 yards. We talked about what stand we wanted to go to, we did some scouting and decided on one, it is on the edge of one of our food plots, we have been seeing a good numbers of deer coming out before dark. We got to the stand a little before 5:00, climbed up and got settled in. About 20 minutes in we see the first deer, it is coming down the one path, its goign to be about 40 yards when it comes out. Well it either heard us or smelled us, so it runs out into the bottom corner of the food plot about 100 yards away. He had the gun up and he was just watching it through the scope, we decided we would wait for another one. Im pretty sure it was probably a 1 1/2 old doe not huge but no little ones with it.

All the sudden we see a deer come running out of the woods into the food plot and then back into the woods. It was just running around like crazy. We both got a kick out of this thing just running all around for about 5 minutes. I look and here comes two more deer out into the food plot, both good sized does, they start milling around and eating clover, they kept geeting closer, I ranged them 64 yards. I asked him if he had a good rest and was steady with the wind blowing like crazy. He said he did, so I clicked the safe off, a few second BANG. By this time a buck came out into the food plot, four deer go running into the woods, all have their tails up except one. So we were pumped, a couple high fives and fist bumps later we climbed down. Go over to where he shot it nothing, we keep looking nothing, we go back into the woods were they ran in, nothing, we keep looking, finally I found a spec of blood, went about 15 more yards another spec of blood. I looking out it front of us, there she was laying. So i called him over and said look up there he yells out "my deer". He made a perfect shot on her, right through the lungs, she ran about 100 yards, she ended up about 5 yards from the road, ha not much dragging. We were both so excited. We got home and a couple friends came down and we had a cold Keystone and he had a Dr Pepper to celbrate. Now he is really excited for buck season, he says he's not shooting a little one.

Thanks to Gal and the other that got the MY doe passed.

If someone has a email I can send the pic to so you can post it. Thanks

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
See if this works.

Hunter's deer:

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
HEY CONGRATS HUNTER!!!!! Nice of you to make that drag easy on your Dad that is one BIG doe!!

Nice shooting bud!!

My son just got home (14)...we are going out now, I hope he pulls " A Hunter"

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I love hearing these stories, congrats to your son!

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Way to go Hunter! By the way, the other was dutch- along with help from HPA and every major sportsman's group in PA.

Nice job to both of you!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts