The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goin to Wyoming in Oct and cant find my card. What do I need to do so i can get a new one?

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
If was 1987 or after when you took your HTE class get on the PGC website and click on education, it will lead you to getting a replacement card, if before 1987 you will have to take a HTE class, again go the the PGC website to find and register for a class.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Even if it was prior to 1987 he doesn't need to take the course again. He needs to complete an affidavit stating he took a course, have it notarized and forward it to the PGC to have a new card issued. The form is available at the location you mentioned on the PGC website.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Along with $10.00.

·
Super Moderator
13,333 Posts
Bluemarsher1 said:
Even if it was prior to 1987 he doesn't need to take the course again. He needs to complete an affidavit stating he took a course, have it notarized and forward it to the PGC to have a new card issued. The form is available at the location you mentioned on the PGC website.
Might want to confirm that Wyoming will honor the affidavit before totally count on it.

·
Banned
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys. Will call the on Monday as I took the course in 1987 I believe.

·
Registered
644 Posts
OK, Let me get this right. I download a form for free, fill it out, spend a couple of bucks to get it notarized, write a $10 check and mail it in for another $.44. Spend about $20 bucks max to get a replacement card.
Or I can spend 10 hours (valued at a hourly rate at work) + travel time at the same value + mileage @ $.50/mile to attend a course.
Please explain how attending the course is easier.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
May not be easier but we can all use a refresher by going back and retaking the course.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Big ******* said:
May not be easier but we can all use a refresher by going back and retaking the course.
I'll bet the course has changed since I took it in 1965...BUT I still have my card!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It is a whole lot longer.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
The course has changed a lot in the past couple years let alone since 65 LOL

We have adults stay with their Kids/Grandkids every year and almost always they say how much has changed and new things they have learned sitting in on the class. We also encourage the adults to take the class with their kids.

It's amazing how many have no clue where they put their card.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Couldn't tell you where my card is!! lol I took it in 1977 I do believe but my son will turn 11 this summer and I plan to take it again with him. I may also look into getting certified to teach it, I'm sure they can always use the help.

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Ive been to Wyoming and Montana, and I'm going back to Wyoming in Sept. They have never asked me or my partners for cards.

·
Registered
13,867 Posts
Took mine in AZ back in the early 80's...had to get a duplicate because I was hunting in NC (nephew said it was required)...One e-mail and I had a dup card mailed within a week!

I sent the young lady's boss a very nice letter expressing my gratitude.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts