The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HSS-600 --Pro Series
The 2010 Hunter Safety System Pro Series takes the pinnacle of safety harness designs to the next level of excellence, comfort, stealth and ease of use. Perfection often takes time and this system’s time has definitely come!
http://www.huntersafetysystem.com/store/pro-series.html

Bought one yesterday and tried it on last night----I LOVE IT!
Ive hated wrestling with my old ones--It was like untangeling a mess of spegehtti every time I went to use it. At times I would simply go without. Even at 30 feet. After last week a guy dying who fell from a tree stand very near by in Harford County I went and got one! My wife was never so happy that I spent 150 dollars???
It even comes from a Christian based company that has a prayer for every hunter buying one on the videos it comes with----AWESOME PRODUCT!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Yes you will def. love it. I have one and wouldn't do with out it again. Hunted for years with no safty restraint and now I have a better peace of mind while in the tree.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Amen Bunky - I bought the HSS (the original) about 2 or 3 years ago. After fumbling around with the standard 5pt harnesses that come with many stands I'm soooo much happier. I can't say enough about how much I like the Hunter Safety System harness. So much easier to put on and built to last. And the newer ones that are much more like a vest look even better. My goes on like a vest, but doesn't look like a vest at all. Wouldn't hunt from a stand without it ever again.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
I don't get what is so hard with the regular harnesses. I've been using a SOP for years now with no problems. Reach in, grab it by the tether and all the straps fall in place. Put on, cinch up and go.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I'll admit, I'm probably going to use a harness for the first time this year.
Have one of the old style ones that come with the treestands and just never could get it to fit right. Well, fumbled with it a little bit in the garage last week and realized it wasn't fitting right because I had it on backwards.
Had the part that goes across the chest going across the back instead. Soooo much more comfortable now.
As far as the OP goes, I'll prob end up getting one of those for next season along w/ a lighter weight climber.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I got one a couple of years ago for the same reason that most people buy them, because the other ones get all tangled up and in a big knotted mess. I always used to have the best intentions of wearing one, but after the 1st day it would just end up lying in the bed of my truck. Since getting the HSS I cannot fathom going up a tree without it. at first it may feel like it is really heavy, but after a while you dont even notice the weight.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the responses---my wife is all smiles! I have 4 of the others if anyone needs one of the old styles just PM me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
TPlank said:
I don't get what is so hard with the regular harnesses. I've been using a SOP for years now with no problems. Reach in, grab it by the tether and all the straps fall in place. Put on, cinch up and go.
Couldn't have said it any better. I tried one of those HSS a couple years ago and didn't like it because I thought the buckles made too much noise and it just seemed too bulky. I sold it on ebay and went back to my SOP. But, each person has his preferences, so good luck with it.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I find it gets too tangled and awkward to put on --especially in winter gear. Last week, of the two hunters killed nearby due to falling from tree stands, one I was firends with in high school. I like this ease of this product and will simply use wrist sweat bands to silence the buckles if they clang.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Susqyman said:
TPlank said:
I too really like my SOP. Inexpensive, fit is a little on the large side (6'2" #220 went with the med), and is very easy to put on. Plus it comes with the linesman belt and two 'biners. I found the vest to be a little much, although I can see why many would find it to be a quality product.

Could have said it any better. I tried one of those HSS a couple years ago and didn't like it because I thought the buckles made too much noise and it just seemed too bulky. I sold it on ebay and went back to my SOP. But, each person has his preferences, so good luck with it.

·
Registered
329 Posts
We bought 2 of the at the Sportsman's show in Harrisburg last year (after the season was over).I noticed recently that the buckles have changed to polymer vs. seat belt clips.This is a huge improvement.I don't know why they didn't make them like that in the beginning.I also noticed that both of ours(small and large) have 2 seatbelt clips on teh front vs. the newer model with only 1 light clip.I think we bought what they had left to get rid of them because this makes it heavier and clunky. I haven't hunted in mine yet and I already prefer the newer model...what are you gonna do?
I have the older style SOP which I don't have a problem putting on unless it is dark.THe cooest thing about he HSS is the drag hook on the back of it and the pressure reliefe line that comes with it.
Bunky said:
I find it gets too tangled and awkward to put on --especially in winter gear. Last week, of the two hunters killed nearby due to falling from tree stands, one I was firends with in high school. I like this ease of this product and will simply use wrist sweat bands to silence the buckles if they clang.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I also bought the pro series this year, and although the wife did'nt buy mine she certainly thought it was a smart investment. I have always used the ones that came with my summit treestands, which have always worked just fine, I got to say the vest is much more comfortable and convenient.
Plus the features come in handy also, pockets and bino straps. Great product!!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i really like the fact that its so easy to put on. no fumbling around in the dark trying to untangle the straps. but i also love the fact that it is a vest and has pockets for all your goodies. rangefinder, tree mount for quiver, extra accessory screw in hooks, chew, candy bar....whatever! i have the reversible one that is blaze orange on the inside. i even wear it all through bear and gun season even when not in a tree. again, because it offers me extra pockets and obviously doubles as a drag. love my HSS!

·
4,239 Posts
I am in a major minority here. I wasn't a fan of the one I bought. That said I bought it when I weighed a lot more and by the time the season rolled around I had lost a ton of weight. I couldn't adjust it small enough to be comfortable. My Step-Dad uses one though and he loves it. Says it is one of the best hunting related purchases he ever made.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have one love it don't leave home without it. 4 clicks and its on and your on your way, no tangled, twisted straps etc. One of the best hunting products I have ever bought.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts