The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am heading to ND to waterfowl hunt in October. I have my Hunter Safety card but I want to purchase my ND hunting license online and they require a Hunter Safety Number but there is no number on my card. How do I find out what my number is?

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
Simple. Call ND DNR and ask them how they want it handled. I think when I went to Iowa, I sent a copy of my card with my application.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
a lot of people have been using the district number which should be a five digit number such as 1-23-45. It has worked in other states

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Per my discussions with ND authorities, they had me insert "Issued by PA -- no numbers given". It was printed right on my license. In other states I use the date of issuance as the number (all numerical with no dashes).

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I use my DL number its an 8 digit number

·
Super Moderator
4,590 Posts
Though probably not cost effective for the PGC a CID number should be issued with the card.They would need a terminal at every class location.Then the card would have a number.It would not be eight digits though.If that is in fact what other states require.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
diablo666 said:
Though probably not cost effective for the PGC a CID number should be issued with the card.They would need a terminal at every class location.Then the card would have a number.It would not be eight digits though.If that is in fact what other states require.
I think I will just use that number when I file for it. Should be fine, i don't think anyone actually checks the numbers anyway and if they check mine it will bring up a hunting license in my home state.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
I believe there is a form that you can print off the PAGC website. You fill it out, stating all your info and appox. date you took the course, then get it notorized and they send you a new card that has a number on it.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am noticing that there are no WCO's responding to this post. Thank you to everyone that has replied to this and I am sure I will use the info that everyone has given to secure the license. On a different note, I think it is about time that the PGC gets on board with the rest of the country. I could be a violator and still get my ND license because they don't conform, worse yet I could be from another state and come here to hunt because PA does no check, sounds bad right? But it is the truth!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts