The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my son and daughter to take the hunter safety course. When I went to purchase their license over the counter I asked the salesperson if he needed to see the cards and he said it wasn't necessary. When someone completes the course is their name put in some database or something to approve them to purchase a license? Would the system prevent someone from purchasing a license if they haven't taken the course? Are the stores and gun shops required to ask for the card? If so many don't. Also, an online purchase simply has a check yes box, I think.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yes. There is a data base and when you sign your license you state that you have taken a HTE course or have had a previous license. I do not think it would prevent you BUT there is a decent fine if they catch you.
Dave

·
Registered
212 Posts
300$ fine for illegally obtaining hunting license and it stays on criminal record. Easy to buy one without taking the course. I don't know if there's a way for them to even check if you've taken it or not. But if you get caught that's the fine.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
All successful students are entered in a database.....Not sure how long that is going on for. Things are much easier to track these days.
Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts