The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This kind of goes back to a very popular post from a few weeks ago but here's my story.

I introduced this individual to waterfowl hunting several years ago. I took him to some of my best spots and had him on some really good hunts.

Due to my work schedule, the lack of his work schedule(he hasn't worked in 4 years), and other things (mainly due his own personal battles, addictions, and issues) we quit hunting together over the past year or two.

I knew he had been hunting on his own and with an new group of guys. I also had suspicions he was hunting my spots that I took him too but yesterday I found out for sure. He hunted and had a successful hunt at a spot that I originally took him to and that he admitted yesterday, he never got permission to hunt there. He was basically riding the coat tails of my permission. I told him what I thought about him and what I thought about his ethics. To me, he's no more than a rat.

Needless to say, we won't ever be hunting together again and I'll never consider him a man again, because to me, he isn't.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Seems we all get burnt eventually.
Hes a loser as are the others that do such things.
Very low thing to do.....actually the LOWEST in the waterfowl community

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry to hear that, I know how you feel that has also happened to me a time or two.unfortunately that is why I chose who I take to certain spots. Good luck in the future

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's a shame. It's even worse when you lease an Island and find 3in Hevi metal BB shells, foot prints and dog tracks. Its not like they didn't see the posted signs.....

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Choose your hunting partners wisely! I've had a few come and go over the years. Those that have taken me to one of "their spots" can be assured that I've never been back there without them. It's not just about killing birds! There's a whole lot more to it!!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I know exactly where your coming from, I've had it happen to me a couple different times. I can't believe people stoop that low over a couple birds.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Well I THINK I submitted it! Lol. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts