The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you all read about it in the current issue of Pa Outdoor News? If not,this fella bought 100tags to use as he puts it for toilet paper.He is from Butler Co.and bought em fo 2B which he doesn,t even hunt.Wanted to prove a point he says to show that someone could purchase as many as they want in that unit.He was also harassin th PGC at a show.I never new that some units had unlimited numbers of tags that could be purchased.As far as I,m concerned he just made more money for our PGC cause it ain,t like he bought te last 100.That is $670 the PGC wouldn,t have had and if anything else he just educated some hunters who can and might buy more tags to fill that otherwise wouldn,t have been bought.What is you alls take on it?

·
Super Moderator
12,837 Posts
imo its a waste of money to buy 100 tags for 2B...i am willing to bet without looking that you can STILL buy 2B tags...not like he "saved 100 doe..." or anything..

·
Registered
163 Posts
according to the PGC web site 2b still has 11136 antlerless tags left to be purchased! so 100 that he bought to burn are just a drop in the bucket. if my memory serves me correct 2b has not sold out since it became a WMU

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Some WMU's have no limit on the tags you can buy..5C(i know) and 2B(i guess). I know nothing about 2B but 5C they(PGC) will and have raised the # of tags till they get the kill they want. So you can buy 10,000 tags and if they don't get the #'s killed then the tags go up 10,000 the next year. Better off convicing everbody to not buy a tag(good luck with that).

·
Banned
618 Posts
Effective, possibly not. A donation to the PGC, yes. Did he save a hundred deer, no. Did he make a point and get publicity, yes. That’s all he was looking to do was to make a point.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Wish I had enough spare money to offer a bow in a raffle, maybe top of the line choice from any manufacturer the winner wanted. To get into the raffle all you would have to do is send in a doe tag prior to archery. If you sent one in prior to rifle give away a rifle.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was in line behind him at the butler county courthouse he owns a landscaping company in saxonburg. Took like 40 min to do all 100 said he was going tho throw them away after he made his point with the game commission lol and I believe there are still 13000 tags left for 2b

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
You could get 2 to 3 deer per day in some parts of 2B. However all residential so then you have the issue of Safety zone infractions even though you have permission from the land owner you may not from the neighbors.

·
Registered
163 Posts
it is hard hunting in alot of places in 2b but there are a ton of deer if you can get permission mostly all bow anymore less and less places to gun hunt every year

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
the only point he made is that he is an idiot. that 100 licenses didn't do anything other than lighten his bank account and give him a tired arm. and you'd think a landscaping guy would be wanting all the deer gone. they're competing with him. what a moron.

·
Registered
163 Posts
pumpgun said:
you'd think a landscaping guy would be wanting all the deer gone. they're competing with him. what a moron.
no they eat all the stuff he puts in kill it and then he gets paid to put it in again lol its a vicious cycle

·
Registered
410 Posts
pumpgun said:
the only point he made is that he is an idiot. that 100 licenses didn't do anything other than lighten his bank account and give him a tired arm. and you'd think a landscaping guy would be wanting all the deer gone. they're competing with him. what a moron.
It's his money he can do as he pleases with it. by the way how is a deer competing with him. If a deer comes in and does damage to someones property he gets payed to repair the damage.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Been saying All Along We , well not Me , but Pa hunters are helping PGC decemate the deer herd , If He can buy all those tags how do We know its not a regular practice or could be .
I hunt a SGL in Pike County and won't shoot a Doe

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Well, high deer #'s keep landscapers busy in many parts of 2B and high deers #'s are in their best interest. But, I assume where he is at, (not sure Saxonburg is in 2B but maybe if he hunts up there on the edge), the deer numbers probably are fairly low.

My co-worker's parents were begging for someone to hunt behind their house in archery season. They had $8k in landscaping ruined by deer the last 2 winters. Only saw doe /fawns one time behind their house and no shot and only small bucks after that. May oblige them with a doe kill in the late season if I can get some time to get out. Always fun to hunt with a bow in the snow, I just hope ma nature cooperates.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The most revolutionary idea this dude has is using those glossy tags for toilet paper-pretty risky.

I would hedge my bets that the PGC will continue business as normal, and count his money while they do it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts