The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to ask the more experienced folks about a Hunter 16 Gauge SxS "The Fulton" I saw in a shop. The price they listed was $595. I need a 16 to complete my collection of older SXS. I have an LC Smith 12 and Ithaca 20. Would this 16 be a good purchase at this price. Condition wise the gun is clean some stock scratches but none deep. Numbers are matching. The case hardening is still apparent only on the bottom of the receiver. Bores are clean and shiny. Single steel bead on the end of the barrel. Any comments on the worth are appreciated.

·
Registered
391 Posts
That price sounds high to me. If it is in really solid shape with only very minor nicks and scatches I'd say $500 if you really want it but $400 is more accurate. You can measure the chamber by turning an empty 20ga hull around and sliding it in the chamber. If it measures shorter than 2&3/4" make a face, complain you'll have to buy special shells then throw them the $400 offer. It is perfectly safe to shoot 2&3/4" shells from a shorter chamber.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice I like the gun alot better at $400. We will see if they will deal at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts