The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at doing a hunt test with my GSP this spring or summer. Anyone know where i can do the test close to my area.
Shippensburg, Pa. Its in south central pa.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
You can search the AKC site for a list of hunt tests. Below is the closest one to you.

American Pointer Club, Inc.
Event Number: 2013149411
Event Status: Approved

Add to My Events List
Get Club Info Club Map
Wellsville, PA HT Apr 16, 2013 Hunting Test
Opening Date: No Date Available Closing Date: Mar 29, 2013 06:00:00 PM
Time Zone: EASTERN
Number of Days: 1

Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am pretty sure there is a place they do them in north central maryland which might be closer check mason dixon german shorthair club

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
mikey2gun said:
I am pretty sure there is a place they do them in north central maryland which might be closer check mason dixon german shorthair club
They had a test in Seneca, MD in mid March. I've done a JH test there quite a few years ago and the grounds were nice. But the test in Wellsville would be closer. They have it at the York Pointer/Setter club. There are a couple other tests going on but I don't think they are too close to Shippensburg.

I'm not sure if the link will work but here is a list of hunt tests in MD and PA.
http://www.akc.org/events/search/bl...T&save_as_default=Y&saved_states=&select_all=

You may have to copy and paste it into your browser.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Check out schulkill valley GSP's or Eastern GSP or Delaware valley GWP they do hunt tests in Freeland which is roughly 1 1/2 hours away also penns woods

1 - 5 of 5 Posts