The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tons of them anyone have a good recipe for using them, or how to can them correctly?

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
When I grew them my wife would cut them in rings and can them. They were great for putting on sandwiches or as a side.

·
Registered
36,758 Posts
Back on the farm Mom would slice them in half, clean out all the seeds and then sautee in butter till soft. Made great sandwiches, or freeze them for winter eating.

·
Registered
16,468 Posts
Back on the farm Mom would slice them in half, clean out all the seeds and then sautee in butter till soft. Made great sandwiches, or freeze them for winter eating.
Judging by your avatar, that was the fall of '45.... 1845.

·
6,450 Posts
John S said:
When I grew them my wife would cut them in rings and can them. They were great for putting on sandwiches or as a side.
x2

·
Registered
283 Posts
Flifisher, If you like mustard- hot pepper mustard is by far the best way to can Hungarian wax. close second would have to be pepper rings.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've got tons of those things, too. Best bet is to slice them in half, fill them with cream cheese, chives, and chopped bacon, then grill.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I stuff them with browned sauasage or meatloaf mix, then bake with moz. cheese and spag sauce.

Canning them works well too. I cut them into rings and can. They taste great with tacos, salads, just about anything.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Alpinbogen said:
I've got tons of those things, too. Best bet is to slice them in half, fill them with cream cheese, chives, and chopped bacon, then grill.
did something similar to this 2 weeks ago & they turned out great

1 - 12 of 12 Posts