The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fyi: NOT GAME FARM BUCKS! Lets just say, if you got caught trying to hunt these two in swpa, you would most likely go to federal prison

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Could be Greater Pitt Airport bucks or over by the 911th air wing. Nice bucks for sure.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I knew it!!! They grow big around here!!!

·
Registered
19,574 Posts
Just crawl through the drainage pipe and that field awaits you.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Fyi: NOT GAME FARM BUCKS! Lets just say, if you got caught trying to hunt these two in swpa, you would most likely go to federal prison

Interesting...... you said what are our thoughts.... how did you get the picture? Assuming it is a trail camera, how is it that someone is not in trouble for setting it up? Would you go to prison for trespass or having a weapon? Someone seems to be able to get into the area, could the deer get out of the area somehow? Could they be pushed out, is that legal? Has anyone been able to find prior year sheds?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As for pushing out? Planes are landing 300 yards away, and the base stores parking lot is only 50 yards from cam, so your not going to push them anywhere you can get to them legally.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
It's pretty amazing if you can get close to those runways. I hunted there twice legally. The airport authority issued guest passes to employees to sign in friends. My buddy works there and I was a guest.. I saw 50 head of deer before I even picked a tree to jack up. Prolly 10 years ago, the regular guys, the employees. had food plots and fixed stands everywhere. Not sure if they still do though. I hunted the fringes of the airport and did quite well, but they finally posted it all up when the gas wells come into play. Those bucks are the norm for that property. I don't even hunt the area anymore, the older you get the less you give a ---- about those huge racks. It's all about the hunt, but I still like seeing them big ones!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts