The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year, I got tired of setting up my Ameristep "loop" blind, so I bought a hub blind after seeing them in Field and Stream stores. So much easier to put up and take down, many of "windows" for shooting convenience, and plenty of room. That's where the "good" ends for me! Each side and the roof all are equal size, with the center of each hub being the furthest point from a flat plane. That's no problem with the roof, but after two miserable days of rain on opening day 1 and 2, I have concluded that a hub blind isn't physically for me. The center of each side protrudes out further than the seam of the wall/roof. Open each of the center windows and when it rains, the water runs off the roof, down the side, and right into the window. I had as much water coming in the blind as was running off it. It seems to me, that if the roof were larger, the walls would slope in a bit and the rain would run off without coming into the blind. Anyone else experience this? Are there any pop-up blinds that are easy to erect and take down that don't have this water run off problem. The only way I see to remedy this with my blind is to erect a "rain fly" over it that is larger than the base of the hub blind. Only this then would create an issue on windy days.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at the double bull blind, I notice the walls are concave. That should definitely keep the water from running into the blind. Will be picking one of those up real soon. Thanks, 3 J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts