The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HPA SE “Family Reunion” 2010!

Okay guys, we're tossing an idea out there to see if there is any interest. I welcome any feedback you might have - Any suggestions as to how we might make this successful!

Let us know "yay" or "nay"!

HPA SE “Family Reunion” 2010!

Where: Muddy Run Recreational Park, 172 Bethesda Church Rd. W
Holtwood, PA 17532

When: Sunday, June 6, 2010, 2:30pm-???

All HPA members and their families and guests are welcome! This will be a family oriented fun-filled event! We will gather in one portion of the park and have a “family reunion”-style picnic. The lake is nearby (got a canoe?)

Food: Bring your picnic or tailgate, grills are available.

Activities: fishing, horseshoes, softball, volleyball, what’s your game? Or, sitting in the lounge chair trading outdoor stories!

Events: Kids fishing tournament and adult horseshoe tournament

Prizes will be awarded for biggest fish in each age group. (June 6th is a Fish For Free Day in PA - no license is required.)

Post your response below or contact one of the SE reps:

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
Re: HPA SE “Family Reunion” 2010!

Should be able to make it.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

where the heck is Muddy Run?

·
Registered
27,829 Posts

West of The Buck on 372

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

i was joking, i live in Quarryville and frequent Muddy Run all the time. lol speaking of The Buck, gotta get goin, talk to ya'll later.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

jun1or said:
i was joking, i live in Quarryville and frequent Muddy Run all the time. lol
That sortof makes you a host of the event then jun1or! So I'll see you there then - along with that young lady who can outfish you or me!

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

let me check my schedule, usually saturdays are for tractor pulling. if my buddies arent pulling close by, we will come, and bring some Maplehofe.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts

ok im a moron, its on Sunday.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hey Dutch - What say you? You posted but you didn't say one way or the other?

·
Registered
260 Posts

Is there any updates on this event? Still happening? I can probably make it with my son. If we go who/where should we look for fellow HPA'ers.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts

It is still happening. Rabbit is going to put up a map of the area and then plan on a meeting place, but ABSOLUTELY...still happening.

Just keep checking back for updates. I am planning on being there a little before lunch.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts

i will try to make it if not working.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

HERE IT IS FOLKS!!!
We've picked out a meeting place! Look for the HPA banner!
Peppy said:
Hey John....

I marked a red dot where where I think a good meeting place would be. Shade, grills, playground and fishing close by.

The people coming will need to go through the main gate, go to the stop sign and bear right towards the information center. Then go past the information center and just keep following the road to the end, park on the left and you'll see the playground. Set-up area would be directly behind the playground towards the water.

Many, many thanks to Peppy for scouting out the place for us! This is gonna be a great day! Come on out and have fun! Bring the family and friends! ... Don't forget your picnic food and lawn chairs!

P.S. you should be able to save this map to your harddrive and then print it out.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts

This is a great idea. I wish I had seen it sooner because I would have planned around it. Unfortunately, I have commitments this weekend and can't make it. I hope it works out. If you ever do it again, I am definately in. I have a kid and a canoe so I am all set.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Springer - Not to worry! There will be events coming up periodically all over our area of the state!

I would like to get something together in the DE Co/Philly area for guys that are over that way. Let me know if you have any ideas. Ridley Park, Marsh Creek, even south-western NJ or North DE. I'm open to suggestions - and help!

Regarding your comment about knowing about it sooner, I've been thinking about a SE Region mailing list. If guys wanted the "heads-up" on events, they could get their email add on a mailing list and I would be sure to get them the info. The postings on the boards just aren't getting the word out to everyone. (ex. This event was posted for a month, but you didn't hear about it till I pm'd you this week.)

·
Registered
6,414 Posts

It would be helpful if everyone had to put at least what Mgt unit they live in with a town being optional with their user name.Out of staters being exempt except for state.

·
Banned
6,618 Posts

I live right at Marsh Creek (can drag a canoe from my yard to the lake). PM me Rabbit, I'd be glad to have a smallish gathering at my house and/or the park.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts

Sorry Rabbit!Looks like storms coming and I was planning on riding down.
Will try next one!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts

they are calling for some nasty storms.(tornado watch)
prob. sit this one out as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts