The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm tryin to guage the interest in a little get-together for the HPA crowd!! How many guys(or gals
) might be intersted in smokin some clays to shake the dreaded "Cabin Fever"??

I've spoken to a fella that owns and operates Split Rail sporting clays here in Washington COunty and he can accomodate as many as we can get signed up. Once we figure out if theres any interest and how many shooters we might have , we can talk price and set a date!!

Hopefully we can get some shooters signed up and get out as soon as this weather breaks. Any suggestions or comments are welcome!!

·
Banned
1,072 Posts
A bit far for me, but I could be interested in a day of playing.

Depends on my schedule, but I'd try to make it.

Keep us updated as to any details if it develops into reality.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good, I'm gonna post in a few other forums to try and get some more interest from some of the "higher traffic" areas!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would be in probably would bring two other guys. What would the cost be for the event? Once you have some dates set I will also be able to ask at my trap club I am sure I could come up with a few more guys.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lookin for sometime in April althought he 17th is out. Prices look to be $30/guy for just the shoot and $45/guy for the shoot and steak dinner afterwards!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Depending on the date, I would be interested. My schedule is set for the year but even if I can't participate, I would love to be able to stop by and meet some guys in person. Once you get a date set please post and I'll see if I can make it work.

·
Registered
975 Posts
That's a hike for me, but would be interested in attending one if ever held a little closer. Anyone talk to board member "Stackbarrel" he owns Rock Mountain Sporting Clays, I'm sure he'd be glad to host a group shoot.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Stack sure would!! Price would be same as for RMSC members if we get a HPA group together. Y'all can bring venison, chili or whatever and use the cook shack and pavilion if you want to. Dr. Evil will trick your eyes and make you scratch your head and say "How did I miss that?"

·
Registered
975 Posts
You see Stack, I don't hesitate to throw a "plug" your way. I'm trying to talk a buddy into taking a ride up, he's a pretty new shooter and I think your cliff may have him worried.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Any date would be open as long as we don't have a scheduled tourney. If you book it, they will come!!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Lil Stack and I will be at the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot that weekend (April 10-12). He drums for "Pokerface" and they are the house band at the shoot. Course will be open, but for league and daily shooting. Last weekend of April I'll be at Rochester for the "Spring Deuce". I'd say to pick a date in May for a chance at some beautiful weather and to give guys a chance to plan on the trip. But if it will be in April, I'd say the weekend of the 17th.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
I just thought of something. My apologies to the original poster of this thread, I didn't mean to hijack it, just turned that way. Mea Culpa!! SWPA shoot is a great idea. I've never shot at Split Rail as I only travel for tournaments. Any more posting regarding a NEPA HPA shoot should be on a new thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts