The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
313 Posts
I talked to Andy last week about it he said no HPA hunt do to him being hurt and lack of rabbits at the spot we hunt. He said it should be in for future years when the clear cuts grow up and start holding bunnies again.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
madcatter said:
Keep those hare spots quiet....many bottomfeeders will score your spot off ya.....baldys it is.
Yep, he says he has "more than a few" hare out there anyway. Only way to do this is a large pack catter. I figure we better wait for a few feet of snow out there so the dogs don't catch'em all. Lets all truck up and head East.

·
Banned
300 Posts
Smoke'n Mack said:
madcatter said:
Keep those hare spots quiet....many bottomfeeders will score your spot off ya.....baldys it is.
Yep, he says he has "more than a few" hare out there anyway. Only way to do this is a large pack catter. I figure we better wait for a few feet of snow out there so the dogs don't catch'em all. Lets all truck up and head East.
First off..... the cover is way to thick for you over here....second I'm not worried about your hounds catching any hares after seeing the SNOWSHOE SNIPERS video of them just smoking that hare in a 20yd circle in hare season.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I don't plan on hitting any cover, that's why I have dogs. We stay on the edge until that circle gets bigger. Only takes 4 or 5 trips around lol.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It hurts to say it but the place we have hunted in the past is very low on bunnies this year. We noticed last year that they were very spotty and it's alot worse this year. They did clearcut a lot of big woods so I am hopful for next year...

·
Registered
719 Posts
John. You know there are no friends in the hare game. But if you Western boys want to come over I can take you to a place that you will never want to go in again. That's a promise.

·
Banned
300 Posts
John-PA said:
Him and Lawdog are friends, he won't give up his spots.
You're right....I have lots of respect for lawdog....he busted his butt finding spots instead of taking the easy way out. We also have a understanding about respecting each others areas. I have a rule....if I show someone a spot or find out they've been hitting it I promise them a genocide will happen. You western boys better be careful just in case we decide to put a crew together and make that trip to the old OWL NEST things will get ugly.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Come on over Baldy, I'd love to run with you sometime. Maybe in the spring when I come out to Towanda we can run a few hare at buddy's house.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts