The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought about some of the posts being made on the site and decided to look around for some job openings on the net. Some I had saved from a while ago, and others I found.

Yesterday I heard a news item on the news about electric generating companies being in a personal deficit; now or pending as the older guys start to retire. These will be long term jobs, and very stable.

Energy jobs are also on the rise.

The Federal Govt is hiring and also provide very stable long term employment.

So to get this started, here are some links for all to check. Keep checking them, as they change weekly.

PPL Jobs

http://sh.webhire.com/servlet/av/search?SearchFields=ACCT_ID,NAME6&ACCT_ID=153&NAME6=Corporate&SiteName=Internet&ResultTemplate=AVResult.html&SortField=CITY&SortOrder=Descend

Allegheny Power jobs

http://www.alleghenyenergy.com/HR/HRHome.asp

Federal Gov jobs

https://my.usajobs.gov

Duke Energy

http://www.duke-energy.com/careers/

NiSource (several energy and pipeline/gas transmission companies)

https://jobs.nisource.com/psc/jobs/PORTAL/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?FolderPath=PORTAL_ROOT_OBJECT.HC_HRS_CE_GBL2&IsFolder=false&IgnoreParamTempl=FolderPath,IsFolder&

So lets keep this going. If you know of places hiring - post them up.

Good luck!

Army Civilian Personel Link - jobs all over the place. Search by state.

You need to create a seperate resume on this site.

https://cpolwapp.belvoir.army.mil/public/vabSelfNom/index.jsp

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Green Jobs:

<a href="http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100205/NEWS13/2050315/-1/NEWSMAP" target="_blank">If you're one of America's 15 million unemployed, it's hardly comforting to watch the nightly news and learn the "cheery" statistic that fewer people have been laid off this month compared to last month. You need to get back to work and you need some good news that is meaningful.

You probably already have the skills and experience necessary to transition to a green job. The Political Economy Research Institute published a study entitled "Job Opportunities for the Green Economy" where they examined how traditional jobs can move into fields that will build a green economy.

For example, they suggest that iron and steel workers, construction equipment operators, and first-line production supervisors would be a good fit for companies involved in developing and manufacturing wind power. The development and production of energy-efficient automobiles requires computer software engineers, engine assemblers and operations managers. Building retrofitting (making our structures more energy efficient) needs insulation workers, carpenter helpers, and building inspectors. Are you an out of work welder? Think about what green industries can use your talents.

</a>

The article suggests several places to start looking for "Green Jobs". If you need a job, might be something to look into. Let your computer do your walking - to steal a phrase...

Some of the links, I haven't looked, appear to be more eco/green links. Others are trade groups.

In the end, dirt needs moved, stuff needs built - people do that stuff. The Fed's and state government has mandates to increase the use of green energy. I would look for more mandates to increase the use of it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
24,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry missed it - already happened today - but...

<a href="http://www.pottstownmercury.com/articles/2010/03/31/news/srv0000007929665.txt" target="_blank">NOW HIRING

Employers scheduled to appear at the job fair include Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry; Social Security Administration; Cosi; Metro Temps; Surgical Staff Inc.; Chesterbrook Academy; Wegmans; Recruit Military; Maternal & Child Health Consortium; Northwestern Mutual; First Financial Group; CCRES; AFLAC; The Career Wardrobe; City Year; Clarity Service Group; Primerica; Civil Service Commission; CoVal Systems; TD Bank; UPS; ATT; Dept of Corrections; Women's Resource Center; Chestnut Knoll at Home; Atria Woodbridge; Aerotek; St Gabriel's Hall; Atria; and DeVry.

Employers are actively hiring for positions such as human services, IT (Java & C++ programmers), banking/financial services, Government (Social Security Administration/Civil Service Commission plus others), package delivery, retail/restaurant, non-profit, healthcare, insurance, financial services and early childhood education.
</a>

Use the list and contact the participating employers. You can still contact the representatives office for a more complete list or individual contact information.

Hope it helps!

·
4,225 Posts
Clarion Sintered Metals is seeking an experienced Metallurgist. As a Lead Metallurgist you will play a key role in providing technical support to manufacturing, customer service and quality. In addition, you will be responsible for analyzing process capability, control and improve metallurgical processes, providing customer technical support and supporting product testing and inspection processes.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Critical Qualifications:</span>
-Develop process parameters relating to manufacturing process
-Assist Engineering, Quality, and Manufacturing to problem solve and troubleshoot
-Represent CSM to customers and suppliers
-Participate and develop training
-Develop new or improve existing materials
-Develop and revise applicable procedures and documentation
-Research and development of metallurgical processes and materials
-Ensuring that test methods are relevant and in compliance with industry standards
-Capable of operating metallurgical equipment
-Ability to interpret microstructures
-Effectively plan and organize tasks
-Ability to work in a team environment
-Work with little supervision

<span style="font-weight: bold">Minimum Qualifications:</span>
-B.S. in Metallurgy/Material Science or equivalent work experience
-General knowledge of powdered metals
-Above average written and verbal communication skills
-Understanding of statistical process control and data analysis
-Previous Lead/Supervisor Experience preferred

If interested please send a resume in Word form to show <span style="font-weight: bold">[email protected]</span>
M/F/V/D EEO

·
4,225 Posts
Just a heads up also, we will be adding several positions over the next few months. Some will be general labor type jobs and some will be skilled labor.

·
4,225 Posts
People are probably getting tired of me posting! We are experiencing huge growth right now and I have the following openings:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Project Engineer
Lead Metallurgist
Supervisors
Die Setters (Various Grades & Shifts)
Tool & Die Makers (Various Grades & Shifts)
General Laborers
Cell Operators</span>

Our company was first founded almost 70 years ago and as it has evolved so has our technology, sales, processes, volume, and our ownership group. The current ownership has been in place for 30 years and have helped create a technologically advanced operation that provides quality parts efficiently made. We have experienced steady <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">double digit</span></span> growth each of the last 8+ years and see more new business on the horizon. We offer good pay and excellent benefits (my wife is a teacher and they are better than hers!). We may be in a rural part of the state but there is tons to do in this area and for you outdoors enthusiast (you probably wouldn't be on this site if you weren't) there are tons of outdoor options. If you think you'd be interested in any of the positions above just send me a PM here and we can discuss it further.

*Note: Our web site is under construction but you can get a general idea about our company by visiting Clarion Sintered Metals , <span style="font-weight: bold">currently the option to apply online is not working so if interested PM me and I will give you a direct email address</span>.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
I have openings for 2 SQL programmers. This will primarily be report writing for a Healthcare organization in the York County area. HTML, Java and HL7 is a plus. PM me if you're interested or have questions.

·
4,225 Posts
I have <span style="font-weight: bold">two </span>openings for <span style="text-decoration: underline">Maintenance Technicians</span>. Strong background in mechanical and/or electrical work preferred. Must be able to work any shift and have reliable transportation.

We offer excellent compensation and benefits that are second to none!

PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Positions for Land Survey Help. Experienced preferred but will train. Must be willing to work out of town for extended assignments. Work currently in OH, WV, PA, MD, VA. PM me if you're interested.

·
4,225 Posts
We are experiencing <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">huge </span></span>growth right now and I have the following openings:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Supervisors (3 Openings)
Die Setters (Various Grades & Shifts)
Tool & Die Makers (Various Grades & Shifts)
General Laborers
Cell Operators</span>

Our company was first founded almost 70 years ago and as it has evolved so has our technology, sales, processes, volume, and our ownership group. The current ownership has been in place for 30 years and have helped create a technologically advanced operation that provides quality parts efficiently made. We have experienced steady double digit growth each of the last 8+ years and see more new business on the horizon. We offer excellent pay and benefits (my wife is a teacher and they are better than hers!). We may be in a rural part of the state but there is tons to do in this area and for you outdoors enthusiast (you probably wouldn't be on this site if you weren't) there are tons of outdoor options. If you think you'd be interested in any of the positions above just send me a PM here and we can discuss it further.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I am looking to hire two Regional Safety Managers for the Electrical Contractor that I work for. One Manager would be stationed in New Castle PA and one stationed in Allentown PA. Canidates must have a Degree in Safety Science and five to seven years construction experience. It can be expected that there will be two to three overnight stays per week. For further information please send me a pm with your phone number.

Kinzua Man

·
4,225 Posts
Me again!

We have an opening for an <span style="font-weight: bold">HR Generalist</span>. Prefer 3-5 years of experience in HR. Some of the regular job functions include recruiting, benefits administration, safety, training, and various other tasks.

Our company was first founded almost 70 years ago and as it has evolved so has our technology, sales, processes, volume, and our ownership group. The current ownership has been in place for 30 years and have helped create a technologically advanced operation that provides quality parts efficiently made. We have experienced steady double digit growth each of the last 8+ years and see more new business on the horizon. We offer excellent pay and benefits (my wife is a teacher and they are better than hers!). We may be in a rural part of the state but there is tons to do in this area and for you outdoors enthusiast (you probably wouldn't be on this site if you weren't) there are tons of outdoor options. If you think you'd be interested in any of the positions above just send me a PM here and we can discuss it further.

·
4,225 Posts
We are recruiting for a Quality Manager. This position is responsible for the sustained development and management of our Quality Department. Chosen candidate will be responsible for directing the quality team and ensuring compliance with TS16949 certification.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Essential Functions:</span>
-Manage team of Quality Engineers, Technicians, and Auditors
-Interface with Suppliers and Customers regarding quality concerns
-Lead and participate in regular Material Review Boards
-Effective implementation of quality systems
-Lead and drive initiatives for continuous improvement using Six Sigma
-Proficient in PPAP documentation
-Work with HR to ensure proper training of all CSM personnel in matters regarding quality
-Ability to analyze, track, and record data and also understand that data
-Manage and evaluate Quality personnel

<span style="font-weight: bold">Job Requirements:</span>
-Understanding of powdered metal processes
-Experience and familiarity with TS16949 standards
-Strong computer skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
-Demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead multiple projects
-Ability to problem solve and determine root cause

<span style="font-weight: bold">Preferred Experience:</span>
-3-5 years’ experience in a powdered metals environment in a Quality role

PM me for details.

·
4,225 Posts
CSM is recruiting for a Quality Manager. This position is responsible for the sustained development and management of our Quality Department. Chosen candidate will be responsible for directing the quality team and ensuring compliance with TS16949 certification.
Essential Functions:
 Manage team of Quality Engineers, Technicians, and Auditors
 Interface with Suppliers and Customers regarding quality concerns
 Lead and participate in regular Material Review Boards
 Effective implementation of quality systems
 Lead and drive initiatives for continuous improvement using Six Sigma
 Proficient in PPAP documentation
 Work with HR to ensure proper training of all CSM personnel in matters regarding quality
 Ability to analyze, track, and record data and also understand that data
 Manage and evaluate Quality personnel

Job Requirements:
 Understanding of powdered metal processes
 Experience and familiarity with TS16949 standards
 Strong computer skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
 Demonstrated ability to take initiative and lead multiple projects
 Ability to problem solve and determine root cause

Preferred Experience:
 3-5 years’ experience in a powdered metals environment in a Quality role

Please apply at www.clarionsintered.com

EOE