The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to share this with all of you.

My daughter Jessi, aka the VP of HPA free decal distribution, plays clarinet in the Youngsville Eagle marching Band. She is a sophmore this year. This band is not just another small town football game marching band, in addition to playing at halftime at home games, they go to competitions just about every weekend all around PA thru til November, including state in hershey, and mid Atlantics in MD. They also compete in national events and have even marched in the St Patrick's Day parade in DUBLIN IRELAND. this year they got invited to Savannah, GA to march in their ST Patty's day parade. They represent PA VERY WELL!

All that said, they manage to keep their small PA hometown roots and when many schools would not even consider anything with the word 'gun' in it for fundraising , these boosters raffle a bunch off.

You have watched my boys grow up on this site via our hunting adventures, and while Jessi does not hunt, she loves the HPA group, in fact she is barking at me to get more free decals ordered for you guys..but she would greatly appreciate any support for her band, and we would be thrilled if an HPAer won a gun at the turkey party on Nov. 15th.

Also, If you happen to be in or near Youngsville, Warren County on 11/15, (note: it is the night of NY deer opener and we are only 20 minutes from NY, and the last day of PA archery I know a guy who has good spot
) and want a fun night of free food and drink, come to the firehall. I will be working the floor during the event and will make sure you I get you a free beer

To buy tickets please send your name, mailing address, phone# and cash/Check payable to "Youngsville Eagle Instrumental Boosters" to:

HuntingPA LLC
Attn:Tickets
PO Box 861
Warren, PA 16365

Tickets are 1 for $5 or 3 for $10.

We will photo copy your stubs for you before we send them in.

Thanks guys from Jessi, myself, and the whole Marching Eagles Band.

Here is the poster:

Have a great 2014 hunting season.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey all...THANK you for the support so far, you guys always come thru. We had to wait to get more tickets and we now got plenty and will mail out this batch tonight.

Still over a month left to get in on this, you do NOT have to be present to win but please provide a phone # with your info so they can call you when you do.

THANKS!!

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Incredible turnout!! And YEP at least on HPAer won..it was too loud where I was working to hear the name, but we were told it was a ticket we sold and the person was from VA. We asked for them to e-mail the entire list of winners to us. Might be more too, but that is the only one I heard about...the place was nuts, raffles like every two minutes...I never got to eat, sit, or even use the bathroom although by BIL was kind of enough to bring me a beer on occasion.

I will post the winners when I get them, the guy that won the Leupold was sitting at my table.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$6000+/- on the guns (3K at the raffle itself)..12-15K overall . THANK YOU ALL!!!

550 people were at the actual event.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Well to my great surprise I was notified yesterday that I was one of the lucky winners (from Va.)in the raffle!!
First gun raffle I have ever won, guess I should buy a lottery ticket now..... not!
RB glad to help out the cause though!!!

Tom Polaski (bigguy54)

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NICE!!!! Which one did ya win??? And thanks for supporting Jessi's band.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
RB,

I won the Tikka .308 which I will use for first day of rifle season!! Picking it up this coming friday, coming up to camp to help my Sis and her husband move on Sat.
Glad I could help the kids out!

Tom

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NICE...that is one of the ones I wanted. I am glad you are able to come get it. I was wondering how that part would work out. REAL HAPPY a HPAer won as I am pretty sure short of those sold at the event itself, we sold the most.

Good karma with that rifle always...

And Thanks again all for supporting my Daughter's passion in the same way you have always supported mine and the boys hunting passion. God bless.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Thank-you, and God Bless too. Best of luck with the rest of the season always look forward to your posts!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I didn't win but I would definitely do it again! The two HPA car decals were a nice consolation prize though! Thanks again!

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And people say sportsmenship is dead...

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
RB,

Picked up the Tikka this past Friday, awesome rifle!
Will be including a picture shortly with the scope mounted and ready to go for monday first day of rifle!

Tom

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That post is a great one...saw it on the table at the fundraiser, knew I should of grabbed it and run..LOL

Get a boi ole whitetail with it next week THAT would be an awesome thing!!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Well John the Tikka and I had a lot of long walks together the last 2 weeks and unfortunately it just wasn't in the heavens for us this year. Still had a great time enjoying Gods' creation and just being alive and out there in Penns woods. Thought maybe Friday Dec. 5th would be my lucky day as I turned 60, hopefully the Tikka and I will enjoy many more seasons in the hills of Elk county.

Tom Polaski (aka Bigguy54)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts