The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With just shy of 24000 members (i know they are not all active but still) I was thinking about the buying power that HPA could have. I know in the past or maybe even still now we had a deal for $5 off at Gander Mountian and thought it would be neat if we could get more of these type of deals at other hunting related retailers. Bass Pro, Cabelas, Midway ect. Im sure almost all of us on the site already buy from these companies so it would be nice if we could come together and get some purchasing power.

Recently on facebook the group Chasing Trophy Whitetails started to do this as well. However, they are going to team up with companies and offer a specific product at a discounted rate. If we could do that here at HPA I think that would be awesome. We could maybe do a teired system with more purchases of products a better discount we would get.

Im not sure but I think everyone would like this. I dont know what it would take to do soemthing like this but I would be all for it and would help out as needed to try to do the foot work. I have some other ideas as Im sure the rest of you would have some good thoughts.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
LOL, actually it is a great idea. With the boss relaxing in the OBX right now, we kind of have to sit back and wait for him to grace us again with his opinion

·
6,693 Posts
Think it's a great idea, and of course agree with 4C.

It definitely would sway which store I would go to if I could get a discount for being an HPA member.

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
This is a great idea!

What does it take to pull this off? Make presentation to the merchants and see what type of HPA discount they would be willing to do? Would we as reps make the presentation to the store, or would the "HPA business manager" do that?

How does the HPA member present himself/herself to the merchant to get the discount?

Or am I confused about how this would work?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No rabit you got it. We could do either a online discount code to use online (cabelas.com basspro.com ect) or a printable copon or even a combination of the two. It would really depened on how the company would want to do it. We used to have this with Gander Mountian $10 off $50 or something like that.

To answer your first question, I donot know how you would go about doing this. Im sure however the Gander Mountian would came about we could just do the same for other retailers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts