The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my neighbor and good friend is the head of the Ned Smith Center. Last night he stopped in to ask if HPA would be interested in a booth during their "Ned Smith Family walk by the River" down at the Susquehanna in Millersburg. He said the cost is $45 for the booth and they will be holding it on July 31. I am usually there most of the day anyhow, so I would be willing to sit in the booth for most of the day.
He will be stopping by tomorrow during our SE/SC meeting at my place with some more info for us, but it is a really nice, family oriented event.
We would need some sort of open sided tent, HPA banners, business cards, flyers, booth fee, etc... Thoughts?

Also, having this close tie to the Ned Smith Center, I would be able to work hand in hand with them throughout the year to promote HPA as well. You can see their site here: http://www.nedsmithcenter.org/index.php

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I'd be willing to 'spell you' at the booth for a couple hours. We really need the brochures, banner and cards prior.

RB, what's your feeling on giveaways, raffle off a hat(or something), HPA branded items? This would be related to any event like this that we would have a presence.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rabbit, I would appreciate that. We will need to make a decision soon as the booths fill up fast. We should get a yes/no and have the $45 within the next 2 weeks to ensure we can secure a spot.
We could also ask some of our more talented members if they wanted to donate some game related items and have a small raffle? Does HPA have a small games of chance license?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
4C I would come up and help out. I am moving up that way anyway soon. Just let me know.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I need to hear from Rooster as to whether we have the funds to get the spot or not. As soon as I hear something, I'll let everyone know!

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
YES on funds for for the spot.

But, no on the small games license. Gets a little tricky there.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rooster

I figured as such, but knew it wouldn't hurt to ask!

I'll call John L. and book the booth this week and front the money.
thanks!

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rabbit, that was an answer to my question. I was going to get tickets printed up and try to raffle off donated items. There won't be internet there, so do you mean giving us names/addresses/emails when you say register? I could then come home and email all the people the site link with instructions on how to sign up?!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hey there 4C... Any chance I can send you some CampingPA.com handouts for your event as well... ?

I would be willing to split the booth with you Rooster for the chance to get the cards out there...

Let me know ! Thanks guys !

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Sweet !
Thanks for the help 4C...

Glad to see you made it over to CampingPA as well...

PM me your shipping address, when would you need them by?

Thanks again !
Tom

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tom,

I"ll just post it here, I can trust these guys, right

Dennis J Morgan Jr
94 Carsonville Road
Halifax, PA 17032

Thanks, I have been wanting to get there and register, today was the right day to do it!

As long as I have everything by the middle of July, we will be in good shape, event is on the 31st of July.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Good deal...

Send me a reminder by End of June if you dont hear from me please...

My wife is due with our first on July 10th, so things might get crazy right around there...

Thanks again!
Tom

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Rooster, I got the official paperwork today, if you shoot me an email address I can send it over to you.

thanks
Dennis

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
4C- I was thinking maybe you and I could get together to meet up since we live close together and could get somethings going around the Harrisburg area. I know you are having a baby soon so your time is limited but I am always up the powell,stony. clarks area. Let me know if you want my help with the ned smith thing. I Love that place.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would greatly appreciate your help. Let us get this baby born, which is scheduled for the 21st and then i'll get in touch

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rooster,
I sent the form to you on the 14th, did you receive it? I got a call from the neighbor telling me that we still don't have a booth and the deadline is coming up.

Just let me know.
thanks!

·
Registered
28,493 Posts
I can't access my yahoo from work
...I'll have to check tonight, if I got it I will fill it and send it.

IF i don;t find it, inbox fills FAST...I'll hollar out here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts