The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 60 of 223 Posts

·
Banned
900 Posts
From I80 take the Brookville exit. North on RT 36 to Sigel. Right turn onto RT 949 north about 3 miles to park.

Now, to get to the Halton.....continue north on 949 past the park to the first and only bridge on yer left. Cross it, turn right, drive 9 miles (no turns follow the river) to the very last building on your left BEFORE you cross another bridge. It resembles a house that should have been condemned years ago and bear no resemblance to anywhere you would want to eat. Park anywhere off the road and climb the muddy bank to the front door. If there are ducks on the ceiling when you enter you are in the right place. Follow these simple rules:

1. only order burgers and fries (the ham sammich is terrible)
2. drink only from bottle or cans (glasses may be hazardous to ones health)
3. bring quarters for the bowling machine
4. be careful in the bathroom, the floor has been less than structurally sound at times
5. the 5 second rule does NOT apply. If it falls off the plate...leave it lie.

6. a large fries feeds at least 2 guys.
7. Don't wear a tie, the locals already know your a tourist.
8. Tell you "sweetheart" to just eat and enjoy the adventure. Commenting on the dirty ceiling fans will not solve the problem and she can pee outside when you leave.

I gotta make this trip. My kids (daughters) will be soo jealous! They love that place!!

·
6,448 Posts
you no longer have to climb the muddy bank.....there are brand new steps and a nice walk way now.......it just wont be the same...

·
Banned
900 Posts
My earliest memory of eating there was when I was about 10. I'm 45 now. IF they ever replace those rags that once resembled curtains I'm done going there!!

No mud huh?? That pains me for sure.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
looks like me and a buddy might make it up. What time do you gus meet in the morning, and do you just do drives or split up and still hunt?

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
We do mostly drives but if someone wants to do there own thing and just hangout before during or after that's fine. There are no real rules other than common sense and the game laws

·
Registered
121 Posts
I may be in, also my friend might stop up. I have a cabin in Belltown a few miles down stream from the hilton! Could you email me the details? Shoot me a Pm I'll give you my email and cell number.

·
6,448 Posts
well the 14th is good for me i got my weekends switched so let the planning begin!!!!!

·
6,448 Posts
official sign up copy paste add your name after we get a list of names camp space will be on first signed up basis....best way of doing it i guess.
1. treestand91
2. m77lewis
3.taterdavid

·
Registered
509 Posts
official sign up copy paste add your name after we get a list of names camp space will be on first signed up basis....best way of doing it i guess.
1. treestand91
2. m77lewis
3. taterdavid
4. sru223

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
1. treestand91
2. m77lewis
3. taterdavid
4. sru223
5. Buckethead (got my own digs, no bed space needed)

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
1. treestand91
2. m77lewis
3. taterdavid
4. sru223
5. Buckethead (got my own digs, no bed space needed)
6. octagon

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Not sure we really need to sign up but if you would like to come join us on the hunt but it's a little far for a day trip let us know and we can try to find a spot for you.

My plan is to go up Friday and maybe some of us can meet up at a camp to be determined and bonfire weather permitting.

Saturday we will meet somewhere and hunt till we decide it's time to quit then head to the infamous hallton Hilton for a few beers and burgers and fries. Then we can either bonfire again or call it a night.

41 - 60 of 223 Posts