From I80 take the Brookville exit. North on RT 36 to Sigel. Right turn onto RT 949 north about 3 miles to park.
Now, to get to the Halton.....continue north on 949 past the park to the first and only bridge on yer left. Cross it, turn right, drive 9 miles (no turns follow the river) to the very last building on your left BEFORE you cross another bridge. It resembles a house that should have been condemned years ago and bear no resemblance to anywhere you would want to eat. Park anywhere off the road and climb the muddy bank to the front door. If there are ducks on the ceiling when you enter you are in the right place. Follow these simple rules:
1. only order burgers and fries (the ham sammich is terrible)
2. drink only from bottle or cans (glasses may be hazardous to ones health)
3. bring quarters for the bowling machine
4. be careful in the bathroom, the floor has been less than structurally sound at times
5. the 5 second rule does NOT apply. If it falls off the plate...leave it lie.
6. a large fries feeds at least 2 guys.
7. Don't wear a tie, the locals already know your a tourist.
8. Tell you "sweetheart" to just eat and enjoy the adventure. Commenting on the dirty ceiling fans will not solve the problem and she can pee outside when you leave.
I gotta make this trip. My kids (daughters) will be soo jealous! They love that place!!
Not sure we really need to sign up but if you would like to come join us on the hunt but it's a little far for a day trip let us know and we can try to find a spot for you.
My plan is to go up Friday and maybe some of us can meet up at a camp to be determined and bonfire weather permitting.
Saturday we will meet somewhere and hunt till we decide it's time to quit then head to the infamous hallton Hilton for a few beers and burgers and fries. Then we can either bonfire again or call it a night.