The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
anyone ever eat at vinces tavern on 66? We stop in ever trip to camp.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm from Butler but my son and I both have 2F tags left and we'd like to join you if it's OK. We don't have a camp up that way, we have been taking day trips or pulling the travel trailer up.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
All are welcome.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Unless I am readinG it wrong last Saturday of the season is the 14th of January

Let's set the date so we can plan. Jan 14, 2012 at a location to be determined

·
6,448 Posts
looks like i wont be making it got the january schedule at work and i work the 14th. ill see if anyone will trade but i dont know yet.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That's why we try to plan ahead as far as we can. If this doesn't work for a lot of guys we can change it up some but it's either that Saturday or the one before I am good either way but we need to lock it in so we can plan days off what ever.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not that i have any say but the week prior wont work for me. lets go with the 14th thats my vote

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We are trying to leave it the 14th

·
Banned
900 Posts
TATERDAVID said:
Ya we may need to find a better place to eat
C'mon!! The burgers are great, the beer is sorta cold and the atmosphere
........did I mention the burgers are great??

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
Sounds like fun. I'm not too far from tater. If I'm up that weekend, I'm definately game. I also know some areas around Belltown we can try as well.

·
Registered
19,940 Posts
treestand91 said:
TATERDAVID said:
I think a after hunt review at the Halton will be in order
your not talking for dinner if so
...id be willing to buy around of beers though
You can't call yourself a man until you eat something out of one of the jars on the bar at the Hilton.

The last time I was in there I almost had to fight a large female, who seemed to "appreciate" other females, for my wife's honor. I knew I could take her but I was thinking I'd have to hit her with a chair first.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I'm planning on making the hunt, last day sounds good to me.

These old legs can't carry me very far but I can guard the trucks so no one trys to make off with a certian members "Jar"

Buckethead, can I use your story about the "Hilton" to get the Mrs. to stay home LOL

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm in too. My camp borders the far end of Clear Creek up by Clarington. I might be able to keep a few guys there. I'll probably be up there a few times during the late season if anyone wants to meet up before the hunt.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
hope you can make it 223, for the record he is one of the original 3 from our first flintlock hunt. for those reading on the fence about joining a internet hunt there is a base group of guys, we have hunted together several times this is the sixth year of this hunt. great group of guys

·
6,448 Posts
still working on getting the 14th off its looking pretty good. if not ill give m77lewis my key and ill come up saturday nite for the festivities.

·
Super Moderator
23,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I just remembered, first year we had 4 to start, we lost one around lunch due to a unforeseen mud incident

·
Registered
509 Posts
That first year was fun. Didn't see any deer but a good group of guys. Sometimes its more fun just to meet up with guys and spend the day doing what we all love. Even if we don't get any shooting its still a good time.

21 - 40 of 223 Posts