The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, our schedule here at Rock Mountain is beginning to fill up. We're looking for input on which month you'd prefer the shoot to be held. May, June, July or August. If we get enough replies we'll decide on a month that works best for you guys and we'll adjust the date around our shoot schedule.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Mike I think in the past we have had our best attendance when we had the shoot at the end of May beginning of June time frame. The other big consideration is the schedule of the youth shooting team of the local club (Treerat Sniper is the contact I think).

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
I don't know what day you guys would want to shoot. If you can make a Saturday, I will go for June 1. Niether Mike or I have anything going on that date. What days would be better for everyone to shoot Saturday's or Sunday's

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sniper, I shoot in a SxS tournament that weekend. If we shoot for May, it'll definitely be a 1:00 PM start due to Spring Gobbler.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Pretty much any date will work for me (I can miss birds any day of the week). Just need to know early enough to get the day off from work if needed.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
May is pretty much booked. It'll probably be in June, not June 1 or 2 (SxS shoot) or 22nd (QDMA shoot). I'll firm up a date tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Saturday, June 8 is the date. We will once again have a custom blue stone trophy for the HOA shooter.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cost of the shoot will be $38, same as last year! Let's see is anyone can dethrone GSP??!!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes we are. Should give everyone time to get here without having to leave home at 6:00 AM.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All we ask is whoever is planning on shooting that you preregister here with a head count and names of those attending.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I have never shot a round of sporting clays I guess it's about time I did. I need to check my work schedule but I should be there. I do have a couple questions.

Is this for HPA members only or can I bring a couple guys from work?

If I come early, can I get some practice in?

How many shells do I need for the course?

Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry for the delay in answering you!! HPA members can bring guests. If you arrive early you can get in some practice on the 5-Stand or the Short Course. You will need 100 shells minimum for the 100 bird event. Make sure you have some extra in case of misfires, etc.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, guys and gals, a few more weeks until the NEPA HPA shoot!!!! 1:00 start time, $35. Lots of Shotgun-Fun!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Mike, I got the date mixed up and already committed to shoot in the event at Pintail with Bill Carlson. Opps!

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Steve, I'm not feeling the love right now!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts