The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a ruptured disc I am going to sell my bow(with all accessories) and look into a crosssbow purchase. I have some general info with pics listed below. I want to thank you in advance for offering any advice on what you think is a fair price (I want to sell the bow to help with crossbow purchase and at same time allow someone to enjoy a ready to shoot bow that I had a lot of success with) When it comes to this stuff I am a person that doesn't sell much hunting gear (if it works I keep using it) but I figured someone out here might have an idea on what price I should ask with a good chance of selling it before the season starts.
Also let me know if you have a suggestion on additional pics or info needed. Thanks.
Hoyt Havoc
60-70lbs
27-30" draw
includes 10 Beman carbon arrows
6 New Muzzy Broadheads
2 releases (one is a barely used Lil Scott and the other is Cobra)
Bow Case
Tru Glow Single Pin Site (bought last year)
Whisker Biscuit Rest (bought last year)
Sims limb savers, peep and string loop.
The bow has always shot great for me and is ready to shoot.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
You might have better luck parting out the bow. Sell the accessories on ebay, and try to sell the bare bow on archerytalk.com

I don't imagine you will get more than $60 for the bow, shipping may be in that 60 as well. Unfortunately bows really don't have resale, even if they are a month old.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
spur said:
You might have better luck parting out the bow. Sell the accessories on ebay, and try to sell the bare bow on archerytalk.com

I don't imagine you will get more than $60 for the bow, shipping may be in that 60 as well. Unfortunately bows really don't have resale, even if they are a month old.
$60 you got to be kidding. He could get $200 no problem.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
the problem with bows is they dont really resale well at all like spur said...

the resale of them is probably one of the worst resale values of ANYTHING....

alot of guys either hold on to bows for a while (like this one...5-6 years old?? while not OLD..its dated in the archery world..Hoyt or not..its dated..) or they buy the newest latest greatest every year....

the guys that sale their 1 year old bow every year sale it for half or maybe slightly higher if they are lucky...

archery gear in general doesnt resale well...i tried selling a rest and sights on here for half what they sale for now...no lookers..i think i got an offer for half what i was asking....that was way too low for me...

either try selling it as a "ready to hunt" package for 300-350 and pray the right person sees it...or part it out...

while the accessories arent low end..they arent high end either...

would make a nice "starter package" for a younger person or someone getting into archery...might get 250-350 from the right person...maybe...never know...id list it for 350 OBO as a package and work down from there...if its gunna sale, now would be the time...or, part it out and try to get top dollar for everything..but dont expect to get just a couple bucks less than you bought the stuff for...

an archery shop would indeed maybe give 50-75$ for the bow and sale it for 100-125...

thats the archery world...part of the reason i still shoot my 06 highlander...as a bare bow, its worth about nothing now...it was a 350$ bow..i think i'll keep it as a back up...or sale it to someone getting into archery with my old accessories that didnt sale on here...not selling my Viper sights or QAD drop away...kinda stinks...but after a year or 2, a bow is worth about nothing....

i hate to think about buying a new 700+$ bow...but, im sure im going to in another year or 2...hate to do it because i know it will be worth nothing in a few years..lol...but, i want one...and i'll pay for it....will it kill any better? nope...but its nearing that time....for me..

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Target bows hold value pretty well for a yr or 2 then drop off like hunting bows
Id list it on Craigslist for 200 care and part out all the accessories
Shoot me a PM if you want to get rid of the releases

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
As an example the Hoyt Trykon was the latest and greatest in 2006 and sold for around $750. I bought one a year old for $275 to my door. It had only been shot fifteen times and looked brand new. Granted, I think I got a great deal, and love the bow, but you get the picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts