The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span style="color: #003300"> </span> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>For those of you shooting Hoyt bows would you offer up pics of your set ups please with a description as well???</span>

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
What are you looking for? I have a handful of hoyts, here are a few pics I already have in photobucket. I have others just don't know what type of pics you are looking for.

2009 powerhawk bone collector, cobra sight, QAD drop away, Fuse quiver, sts

2006 trykon XL winners choice strings, nap/hoyt drop away, truglo range rover sight, sts

2005 V tec QAD drop away, G5 optix ME sight, scoil, bohning quiver

2005 viper tec QAD drop away, winners choice strings, HF Spector slider sight, hoyt 2 piece quiver, STS, carbon fiber stabilizer

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice bows!!! I am waiting on my new Alphamax 32 and would love to get an idea as to what you all set up your Hoyts with.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I have a 5 year old Hoyte Magnatech. It was a low end bow when I bought it. Still killing deer 5 years later. Just wish it were a bit lighter.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HHA DS 5519 with 5 feet of fiber

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad I made a good choice--I wasnt sure-my bow now has a Carolina and Im not happy with it.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also finalized the bow last night--it will have the QAD Drop Away Pro Series HD not the LD ??? Not sure the difference.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
yeah not a real high quality product. you will certainly love that HHA though. and as I mentioned you cant go wrong with a limbdriver, or even a QAD ultra rest, but I love the limbdriver, especially on that bow. and check out the alpine sof-loc quiver. the most solid removable quiver out there.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks---I have forgotten about a quiver--Ill take a look---the ones I have bought in the past are not of great quality in the long run.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The HHA DS 5519----can it be adjusted easily?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Bunky said:
I also finalized the bow last night--it will have the QAD Drop Away Pro Series HD not the LD ??? Not sure the difference.
The difference is the LD locks down on the shot so it can't bounce back up and cause fletching contact, the HD has a harmonic dampener in it.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
bunky, i think theres like a 10$ difference between the LD and HD...IMO, spend the 10$...i dont know if its still an issue or what, but certain setups had major issues with the rest bouncing up after it dropped, hitting the arrow, causing flight issues...

the alpine soft loc quiver is a goodun...

·
Registered
693 Posts
I shoot the LD (Lock Down Version ... so it dosn't bounce up & clip the arrow) ... The HD I believe has an adjustable timing cord in the thumbwheel ... but it also has the lock down as well ... I may be wrong about the HD ... dont hold me to it!

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Ok- here is my indoor target bow-

2005 Hoyt Protek Platinum
Shibuya Site
Viper Scope .010 pin 6X with a #1 Clarifier
Bernies Front and Rear Stabilizers
Winners Choice Strings
Trophy Taker Spring Steel Rest

·
Registered