The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I am looking to replace my Buckmaster G2XL so I can be successful in competition shooting. Don't get me wrong I love that bow and have killed many deer and turkey with it, but I don't want to lose a competition to newer technology. With that being known I set out to find the perfect bow for both competition and hunting. The results so far are as follows:

The Mathews Z7 was a smooth draw, precise aiming, balanced, and fast. I shot 2 arrows total. First shot was high and left, second shot was the nock shot off the first arrow at 20 yards without my equipment. Then the dealer said if I wanted to shoot anymore either buy more nocks or buy the bow. I shot the Monster but not too keen on it.

My friend called me up today because Dick's was having a clearance sale. I shot a Bear and several Hoyts. Those bows seemed heavy, unbalanced, and awkward shooting. I would rather keep my G2XL than to buy one of those bows. Sure they may be cheap at $300-$450, but they are not worth that much. If anyone has any more suggestions, let me know. Remember I want to use it for competition and hunting.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Pick a price range you can afford and then go shoot everything you can. There are alot of good shooting bows, you just have to find the one that is best for you.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Comparing a Z7 to that Hoyt at Dicks is comparing apples to oranges. You owe it to yourself to check out Hoyts Alphamax and Maxxis lines, or Alphaburner if speed is your thing.

Check out an Elite GT500.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts